Monday, April 11, 2016

Is It Summer Yet

    Is it summer yet? I know in about 2 months I'm going to be saying when can the kids go back to school but right now I am tired of the school week running. I am tired of fighting with the kids to go to bed, come in the house, get up in the mornings, get ready for school, get in the car, get in the car, hurry up and get in the car. We are ready to just take each day as a new day and see what we can go do. I am excited to not have to have nap times and bed times, lunch times, or dinner times. We can just see what works for the first time 6 years. I really have been looking forward to this time in our lives. Yes I miss my cuddly babies but I love the independence of no schedule. 
   Monday Rachel had school and the little two and I went to Jazzercise for the first time in a long time on a Monday. We came home from class and I worked on laundry. The kids all are able to put away most of their clothes, another big moment in life! We then had to run Roger to town before picking up Rachel so that he could get groomed. We get his belly shaved up and the hair cut off the back of his legs every spring to help him stay cooler and to cut down on the amount of sandburs that get stuck in his hair. Poor Alec was lost without Roger. He kept his boots on all afternoon and asked about every 10 minutes if we could go and pick up Roger yet. At 5 we went back to town and picked up Roger and then Babs drove out and watched the kids while Mike and I went to town for an interview dinner with a new Surgery candidate. It is so nice that Babs can now drive herself out and the kids love having her and the go to bed so well with her that I had no problem leaving her here for the bed time routine on a school night. 
    Tuesday the girls both had school and since my back has been hurting Alec and I did not go to class and instead went to Walmart. We came home after school and I worked on more laundry. The kids played outside some and then that night we did get a little bit of rain. 
Poor Boy has a pink bike and helmet

He doesn't even care!

Roger is so happy to be shaved

Alec loves his puppy!
   Wednesday Rachel had school and my back was still hurting so we came home after dropping Rachel off and I walked on the treadmill. Wednesday night the kids skipped CCD and Johnna came out to watch them while Mike and I had another candidate dinner. Thursday we took the girls to school and then went to Jazzercise, my back is still not 100% but it felt okay during class. We came home after Becca got out of school and just played inside as the wind was so horrible on Wednesday and Thursday that we couldn't even go outside. 
Rachel and Alec were hiding from Becca before school!
   Friday Delcey Hampton came home with us when we took Rachel to school to play for the day because her daycare was closed. The kids and I spent most of the day outside, I cleaned out all the flower beds and trimmed trees and bushes while Delcey was here then after school we ran and picked up our bountiful basket and then came home. Alec and I mowed while the girls played and watched TV inside after the picked up all Roger's toys and bones out of the yard. Alec loves mowing with me and road along the whole time. Mike picked up supper on his way home so that I could finish mowing and put down mulch in the 2 big flower beds. I am looking to get some shredded mulch for around the house this year as most of the mulch we put down last year blew away this winter.
The tulip bulbs the girls and I planted all came up this spring and are so pretty.
    Saturday Mike had to go in to work so the kids and I cleaned the house. Mike and I went to the annual ambassadors' party Saturday night while the kids had a new babysitter, Mia Dugan. They loved her and had a great evening. Sunday we went to church, then meet Auntie J and Grandma Priest for lunch. The kids were so good in church that Mike then took Alec to the driving range while the girls and I went to Cody Park for ice cream. When we got home we all changed clothes and went to the shop to practice softball. We had a batting station and a catching station. I am getting so excited to see Rachel play this year as she is really developing and playing so much better than last year. Becca wants to play so bad but is not old enough yet. Alec spent most of the time in the shop organizing his tools and riding his bike which he attached a tee too with some hulahoops. Boys will be boys, always building and inventing! Sunday evening we got a nice slow rain. Just what we needed after a fresh mow and I also planted some iris's that Wanda brought me from the ranch.




No comments:

Post a Comment