Monday, February 20, 2017

February Where Are You Going?

   Where are you going so fast February? We are entering our last full week and then you will be gone. Thank you for bringing some nice weather and sun shine to your days but I'm afraid you are also going to bring some bad weather during your last few days. We have enjoyed you again this year!
  February 5-12
We all woke up Sunday morning and got some good snuggles in with the kids. Mike took Rachel to CCD while I got the little ones ready for church and we said goodbye to mom and Patsy. After church we went to see Grandma Priest and had lunch at her house. Auntie J was there as she was staying with Phyllis since she could not be alone with her arm. We came home after lunch and Elly came over to play. The kids and I watched some of the super bowl commercials before bed and then we all went to bed early as I was still tired from our trip. On Saturday when we were getting bags ready to fly back I hurt my back so I spent most of Sunday in the chair with heat on my back. It got a little better each day but I have still not been back to Jazzercise as every day at some point I move a little wrong and it starts to hurt again. I am hoping to get back to Jazz next week as I really miss it.
   Monday the girls had school and I worked on laundry and unpacking. I did as much as I could until my back hurt too bad and had to sit again. Tuesday we took Rachel to school then went to hospital to wait with Rite, Janice, and Wanda while Phyllis was in surgery to get a plate and screw put in her right humerus to fix her break. After taking Becca to school Alec and I came home and enjoyed cuddling in the chair. After school we went back to the hospital to see Grandma Priest after surgery. She was feeling much better but was still in recovery waiting on her room so we didn't stay long.
Playing with the activity table at the hospital

Becca is so silly!
   Wednesday we took Rachel to school then went to the hospital to see Grandma. We enjoyed talking with her, Auntie J, Rita, and Wanda. We came home for lunch then took Becca to school. Johnna came out after school so that Mike and I could go meet with an accountant. We then took Wanda, Janice, and Rita out for supper before coming home. Thursday we took Rachel to school and went to the hospital, Grandma got stronger each day but was having some hallucinations so they kept her in patient for a couple days just to figure out if she was going to a care facility or home. I had a coffee date at the hospital to meet an interviewing Anesthesia candidate. The kids stayed in Grandma Priest's room with Wanda. We then picked up food and took Becca to school. Becca's friend Brianna and Elly came over after school. The kids enjoyed playing inside and out as it was such a nice day.
Running home after school.
   Friday we took Rachel to school then came home. Ellie F came to watch the kids Friday evening while Mike and I went to a wine tasting at the winery and then out to supper with a new surgery candidate. Nick, Aaron, and Andy were in town so we then meet them for a drink in Hershey before coming home and playing pool in the shop. It was so nice on Friday Becca and Alec enjoyed the first picnic of the year outside.

Popsicle and swinging.
  Saturday we all went to McCook to watch Nathan wrestle at districts. The kids and I were not able to watch Nathan as he had a bye the first round and we had to come back for a birthday party but we enjoyed a nice breakfast and the guys were able to see Nathan wrestle. He did not make state this year but he had a good year. Becca had a birthday party at Dominica's so we dropped her off then came home for a couple hours. The kids and I went to church and then Rebekah came out and watched the kids while I went to Michelle's birthday party at the bowling alley. Mike, Nick, and Aaron got home later and Rebekah came out and played and put the kids to bed.  Sunday I took Rachel to CCD then we stopped up to see Grandma Priest and went to Walgreens to get Rachel's passport picture taken. We made Rachel's Valentine's Day drinks in the afternoon and then I went to the movie Fifty Shades Darker with Stacy.
Such a beautiful view Sunday morning.

Alec's new haircut

Juice boxes ready to go.

Rachel was so proud of them!
   February 13-19
 Monday the girls both had school and I worked on laundry and cleaning up the house from the weekend. I had a hair appointment after school so the kids went to play at Jorgenson's until Mike got off work. Tuesday was Valentine's Day. The girls were both really excited for their parties. I had to help with Rachel's party since I took drinks. Alec was very excited to go and help. I usually get a babysitter for the class parties as I think each kid should get to have a party with just mom attending, but Rachel was very excited to have Alec come to school. The kids in Rachel's class were all so nice to Alec and some of them even gave up some of their candy for him. He also got to play the class game with them. After school we went to see Grandma Priest as she was finally home and Grandma Wanda came back to town to spend a couple days with her.





Helping Rachel open her Valentine's Box


Playing Cupid's Arrow
   Wednesday Mike was able to take Rachel to school and we stayed home until taking Becca to school. We also stayed home Wednesday evening and just enjoyed not having anywhere to go. Thursday I had to get some blood work done at the hospital so after dropping Rachel off at school Becca and Alec went to play at Grandma Priest's with Wanda. After I was done at the hospital I helped change dressings and we came home to eat before taking Becca to school. It was so nice Alec and I went to the park in Hershey after dropping off Becca before coming home. After school we picked up the girls and Elly and went to town to see Grandma Priest and Wanda and meet up with Mike. We went to the park by Grandma Priest's and played until it was time to come home for supper. We dropped off Elly on the way and everyone was ready for bed that night after all the fresh air.


Alec loves to swing in the big boy swings.


Silly girls climbing the trees.
 Friday Johnna came out to watch Becca and Alec while Rachel was in school and I went to Grand Island with Traci for state cheer. North Platte high did not have the best day but I had a great time with Traci and enjoyed my day away. Rachel went to Elly's after school and I stopped by their place on my way back to have a drink on their patio and take Rachel clothes so she could spend the night. Saturday we all went to town and gave Roger a bath, then had a picnic at the Veteran's Memorial. Mike then needed to pick up his car that was getting fixed due to a dent in the hood. Alec and Mike then went golfing while the girls and I came home. Mia came out Saturday night to watch the kids while Mike and I went to the Kinkaider Brewery with Dugan's, Erickson's and friends. It was such a fun night. 
Picnic Selfie


My new lipstick from Tammy and Lipsence

The whole crew at the brewery

Traci, I love this girl.

Mike and Traci
  Sunday the girls and I went to CCD and church. Becca and I went to see Grandma and Rita while Rachel was in CCD. Rita then joined us for church. Becca stayed at Grandma's after church to play with Julian, and have lunch. Rachel and I came home for a bit then picked up Trisha and Elly and meet Auntie J, Julian, and Becca at the Fox Theater for the Little Mermaid play. Alec and Mike went golfing again. Alec loves spending time with his dad and golfing! The play was really good and the girls all had a great time. Last night we watched movies and just relaxed.
Julian

Becca

Elly

Rachel







Ursula

Prince Eric


Ariel


Flounder

Sebastian

Scuttle



  We a great time we have been having the last couple week. We are all caught up now so I better start working on my taxes and housework.




No comments:

Post a Comment