Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April Has Ended

   April has come to an end and that mean we are so close to the end of the school year. The girls both love school but are ready to stay up later and have more free time. We are also ending soccer and starting softball so our schedules are getting busier in the evening making bed time harder and mornings not as much fun. Becca is still getting up early, but Rachel is dragging her feet more and more.
   Monday Rachel was not feeling well but I sent her to school as I thought she was just tired from the weekend. Nope, around lunch time I got a text from her teacher and she had gotten sick in the lunch room. Alec was also running a low grade temp so after having to go to school early to get Rachel I decided to just keep Becca home as well The kids all spend the afternoon relaxing while I worked outside mowing and trimming the yard. Monday was also another hard day for our family. Dad's sister in law Mrs. Becky passes away unexpectedly. Jerry went home after getting a call that she didn't make it to work to find her in her chair. We just never know when it is our time to join Jesus. She was an amazing woman and I had the chance to really talk with her and Mandi while visiting Patti in the hospital and during Patti's funeral. God is always working, sometimes we just need to listen and know that he has a greater plan. I believe he lead me to visit with them during that time so I felt at peace when receiving this news.
 Tuesday I worked out at home as Rachel could not go back to school in the morning. She didn't get sick again but I just kept her home and took both the girls to school at lunch time. Alec and I came home and worked on laundry in the afternoon. Rachel was supposed to have soccer but it got cancelled due to all the rain. Tuesday night I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce and froze a bunch. We checked on the kittens after school and named them. We do not know the sex of each one but the kids decided to name them Nikki, Rikki, Dikki, and Dawn.
Dawn

Nikki

Rikki

Dikki
 Wednesday we took Rachel to school then went to Jazzercise. We had a bunch of errands to run before grabbing lunch and taking Becca to school. We came home after school drop off and played. It was too cool and rainy to do much else.  Thursday we took Rachel to school then came home and worked out. The cleaning ladies came that morning and after taking Becca to school Alec and I meet Mike in town at the lumber store to finalize plans for the deck. Hopefully by the end of May or middle of June we have our new deck complete! Rachel had soccer practice after school and then we went to Applebee's for supper. 
   Friday I took Rachel to school while Mike stayed with the kids. Johnna then came out to watch Becca and Alec while I went to town and got my hair done and did some shopping. We were supposed to head to mom and dads for the weekend for family pictures but they decided to have Mrs. Becky's service on Saturday evening and due to the cold weather the picture lady cancelled pictures. Luckily she moved them to this weekend and we are all able to work it in our schedule so we will be heading home this weekend instead. Friday afternoon we just hung out at home.
   Saturday they cancelled the kids soccer due to rain so I took off for Norfolk and Mike and the kids stayed home. I had a great trip to Norfolk, enjoyed spending the night and time with Patsy. The service was good. It was so neat to see and hear from all the people Becky touched in her time here on earth. I was able to sit and chat with Mandi after the service at Jerry's house and we were also able to spend some time with Jerry talking about old times. It is always a good time with family; I just hope we can start seeing each other more at functions other than funerals. 
   Sunday I got up and started home. I thought I was just going to run into some rain but right before Kearney I ran into snow and slick interstate so I got off at Kearney and took HWY 30 the rest of the way home. I was only able to drive about 30 mph, but I made it without going in the ditch and about 5 miles before the airport it went from 10-12 inches of snow to just a little rain. So crazy how definite of line the storm had. By the time I got home we had no rain or snow and the sun was out. It was still cold but so different then what I spent 3 hrs driving in. I was tired when I got home so we all spent the evening watching movies. Mike did take the kids in to see Grandma Priest on Sunday otherwise they just played and worked while I was gone. Becca was getting sick when I left and by the time I got back she had lost her voice and had a cough. I was also not feeling the best so we enjoyed some down time on Sunday afternoon before starting a new week.
What I drove through


What it looked like on the other side of the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment