Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Last Week of April

   We have come to the last week of April and nearing the end of the school year. I'm not sure who is more excited the kids or me. I love my summer time with them and as these last couple hectic weeks come to a close I am spending some of my free time looking up ways to help us get our work done around the house in the morning so we can spend the afternoons playing. The girls are also starting to want to earn money and I feel like that is hard to do as I don't like paying them for helping around the house, because they should help around the house. But how else can a 6 and 9 year old make money?
   Here was our busy week that seemed to go by very fast: Monday the kids had school and I came home and worked on laundry. Rachel went to Grace's house after school and Becca, Alec and I came home and played some softball and enjoyed the nice weather. We grilled hamburgers for supper and Mike and Alec did some golfing in the shop. We got a nice rain over night. Tuesday the kids had school and I spent the day cleaning my office and working inside the house.
   Wednesday the kids had school and I ran some errands in town. After picking up Alec I came home and mowed before getting ready and going to town for the girls last CCD class. Wednesday morning we also lost our favorite Priest here in North Platte. Father Jim passed away and we had a very nice conversation on the way to school about it. Becca asked me if I thought that GOD came down and took Father Jim to heaven or if Jesus does? Wednesday at CCD Deacon Michael did a great job talking to the kids about Fathers passing and helped the kids go through a decade of the rosary for Father Jim. We are going to miss him lots and hope that his replacement shows the same love and understanding with the kids in church. Rachel and Becca both received awards at CCD; Becca got perfect attendance and knew the most prayers. Rachel also got perfect attendance and knew the most about the Stations of the Cross. After CCD Rachel went home with Grace, I took Becca to practice and then we went and looked at a house Mike and I are going to buy as a rental property.


Alec playing with my phone

A picture of Alec at school that his teacher took!
   Thursday after picking Alec up from school we went to town and had lunch with Babs. After lunch we ran some errands in town and then picked up the girls and came home. Friday the girls had school and Alec and I went to town and bought flowers and trees to plant in the yard. We had lunch with Marty, Lisa, John, and Babs and then Alec's went home with Lisa and Babs and I went to the mall and ordered some shirts. Friday evening Matt, Trisha, Elly, Dustin (Mike's PA), Jake, Stephanie, Grace, Claire, and Ellie came out for supper and to roast marshmallows over the fire. It was cool and windy by the time we did s'more's but the kids all had a great time and we enjoyed using the deck for the first time this year! I see many more summer nights out there. 
   Saturday the kids all played soccer at 9 am. Lisa and Sam came to watch them play. After soccer Mike and Alec went golfing and the girls and I came home and planted flowers and trees. We tilled up more of the garden and then Babs came out to babysit while Mike and I went to town for Stacy and Colton's couple shower. Sunday Mike stayed home with the kids while I ran to town to attend Art in the Park. I got a couple new signs for our room and a couple shirts. I then picked up lunch and came home. Alec went to the movie that afternoon with the neighbor boys, Justin, Jace, and Alex. Mike took Rachel and Elly to the same movie, Avengers Infinity War. Becca and I stayed home, went for a walk, and did some housework and crafting. The kids were ready for bed when they got home and Mike and I watched a movie before going to bed. What a great week we had, now to finish out the school year and keep up with housework and the blog!
Reading outside while everyone was at the movie and Becca was crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment