Thursday, June 2, 2011

June Already

   So again I was waiting to post until I had some more pictures but again I cannot figure out the computer so I will just have to post more pictures when I get them.
   The last couple of weeks of May were really busy for us. We took Rachel to a PBS kids function at the holiday inn here in Columbia. She was scared of Clifford and Super Why but when we got to see George she gave him a big hug and the man in the yellow hat a high five. One of her favorite movies right now is Curious George 2. She would watch it multiple times a day if I would let her. She calls it George and the elephant.
   Last week we again loaded the car full of boxes and headed to North Platte. We spent the night Sunday with Nick and then went on to North Platte on Monday morning. We looked at houses on Monday and Tuesday and even found one that we love. We put in an offer and are trying to get everything done by the 27th of June so that we can move in.
   On Tuesday we headed to Mullen and stayed with Aaron and Liza. Rachel loved staying with Ashlynn. Pat and Wanda branded on Friday so us girls spent Thursday helping Wanda get the house and food ready while the guys got the cattle ready for Friday morning. Rachel loved being at the ranch. She loved having the freedom to run and play hide-n-seek. At one point we could not find Rachel in the house so I went outside and she was in the middle of the trees without shoes on hiding.
   Friday was branding day and we all got to enjoy the beautiful day outside. Rachel played really well with the older kids. It was a long day and Rachel was ready for bed early. Rachel got to ride "Buck" the horse all by herself. She was not so sure about it at first but once she got up there she loved it. I think we might be seeing a horse in our future.
   Saturday we just hung out, napped, played cards and enjoyed family time. Sunday we got up and went to Mullen to see Grandma Kitty. After a short visit. Mike and I decided that it would be nice to be at home on Memorial Day so we headed back to Columbia.
   Monday was nice to wake up in our own beds. After going out for breakfast we joined Creamer's downtown for the Memorial Day parade. It was Rachel's first parade and she really enjoyed the airplanes and all the music from the bands. After the parade we came home for naps and then had a BBQ.
   We are now trying to get the house packed up as our time is quickly ticking away here in Columbia. I am really excited to move back to Nebraska but packing our first house, which we brought Rachel home to and she has so many firsts in has come with a few tears. I don't think that a pregnant person should have to pack!!! I'm not so sure that I am going to get out of it as Mike is working hard to get everything finished with work.
   Rachel has become quite the little sweet heart these last couple of weeks. She now says I wuv you all the time and she even will come up and give me a hug and tell me that she missed me if I have been in the other room. She has been playing dolls a lot and has to feed and rock her babies everyday. I can't wait to see her with her baby sister.
   I have been feeling good. We have another very active baby on our hands. This little one is constantly on the go. Rachel likes to feel her kick and they are already fighting. Every time I sit down and rock Rachel the baby kicks at her like crazy. Oh what have I gotten myself into????
   We hope that everyone has a great weekend and I will post our new address as soon as we get closer to finalizing everything with the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment