Tonight I'm going to start off with Becca's 7 month picture. No I did not forget to take them although they were done kind of in a rush around packing and everything else before we left for Virginia. I can't believe she is 7 months already. Some stats: She is become more and more mobile every day. When she is on her stomach she can turn circles and get to almost anything she wants. She has not gotten up on all fours yet but I don't think it will be long before she figures out that she can get a lot closer to Rachel and me if she can move. She is now eating more table foods, although lately I have been cooking more stuff she can't try. She had a whole banana tonight. She loved it. Still no teeth and still only saying "dada." She has figured out Rachel's scream and loves to mimic it. I think I need ear plugs already. I don't know what I will do when they are both talking.
Now for an update of the past two weeks. We left for Virginia on Wednesday. We packed up the suburban and headed to Denver on Wednesday morning. We got to the airport and through security in plenty of time. No thanks to the parking, we had to park in the West terminal, we flew Delta which was in the East terminal and the bus that picked us up at our car dropped us off at the far end of the West terminal parking garage. With that said I carried Becca in her car seat, pushed Rachel in the stroller and Mike wrestled all the bags. We then flew from Denver to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Charlottesville. Josh and Keira arrived to pick us up right after we got our bags. Rachel was so excited and ran up and gave Keira a big hug. Wednesday night we just put the girls to bed and chatted for awhile then it was off to bed as we were all tired from the long day of traveling.
Thursday morning we got up and Keira made a big breakfast. After breakfast we took a walk through there neighborhood with their dog Jefferson. Then it was off to Target to get food and supplies for Becca. After lunch we drove around and took in the beautiful scenery as the girls napped in the car. We drove by Thomas Jefferson's house (Monticello) and James Monroe's house (Ash-Lawn Highland). Thursday Night we went to a brewery for dinner.
Friday we woke up early, feed Becca and then it was off to Washington DC. We arrived shortly before noon and found a great parking spot right by Washington Monument. We then walked by the Washington Monument, The Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Monument, then it was off to the White House. We got to watch some bee keepers at the White House and got an okay picture of our family though Becca was napping. After lunch downtown we got back in the car, drove past the Capitol and it was on the Chesapeake Bay. We wanted to take the girls to the ocean but there was no good, or short way of getting there from DC so we went to the bay instead. It was really windy and kind of cold but the girls both loved the sand. We then got back in the car for the never ending trip home. We did get to stop for some ice cream but the trip took forever and Becca screamed because she was so tired of her car seat.
Saturday morning we got up and went to tour Monticello. Josh and Keira kept the girls outside while Mike and I enjoyed a tour of the inside. The inside of Thomas Jefferson's house is no place for a 3 year old but I would recommend going to see it if you are ever in the area. The tour was great but we had to leave early and didn't get to spend as much time on the grounds as we would of liked do to the rain. Saturday afternoon we were going to spend at the local vineyards but the rain, and the long day Friday made for some crabby girls so Keira and I stayed home and napped with them. Josh and Mike went to a couple vineyards and took in some more scenery. Saturday night a friend of Keira's came over and watched the girls while the four of us enjoyed a nice dinner at Bone Fish and a drink at a local bar.
Sunday Josh and Keira went to church, while we just kind of hung out and let the girls play. We then went to watch Josh play baseball and came back to house for a BBQ with some of there friends. After the girls were in bed we watched The Help and called it a night because we had to get up at 3 am to get on the plane.
Monday we flew home, after a stop in downtown Denver we finally pulled into the house around 7pm and I was ready for bed. The girls were too and we all finally got a good nights sleep.
Tuesday the girls and I stayed home a caught up on housework and laundry. Wednesday we went to town to the grocery store and got the new desk chair and computer monitor. Thursday we were again in town. Not really sure why but I'm sure I had a good reason. Friday the girls and I helped welcome a new recruits wife at a coffee, then we did a little shopping before we stopped in to see Grandma Priest. Becca then stayed with Phyllis while Rachel and I went to some garage sales. We got Rachel and rocking, bouncing horse and a kitchen play set for outside.
Saturday Mike had to go the hospital and round while the girls and I cleaned house. Sandi and Tammy came to town around lunch time and we got ready to go the Children's Museum Derby Party. Mike ended up getting called to surgery so Grandma Priest watched both of the girls. I am so thankful that she lives close and enjoys spending time with the girls. They love playing at the house, even if Rachel pouts after I leave. Tammy, Sandi, and I had a great time at the derby. Tammy brought me a great black hat, that I then won the Hat Walk with. I also bought the horse that came in third place and won a show prize which includes a trip for 2 to Breckenridge CO, 2 night stay in a condo, a hot air balloon ride for 2 and a champagne brunch to follow. Then they drew numbers for the Win, Place, and Show prizes. I was picked as the winner of the Win prize which is a new iPad 3. I had a very blessed night and consider myself very lucky. It was great to share with my sister and best friend. I wish Mike would have been able to attend but I could not have asked for to better women to accompany me. After the Derby party we picked up Mike and the girls and went to Peter's graduation party. It was good to see the Davis side of the family again and always have a great time with them.
Today we slept in a little. Tammy meet her parents for brunch. Sandi, the girls and I went to church and then we all met up at Mike's office for lunch. After lunch Tammy headed back to Denver, Sandi and I did some shopping and then it was home to relax.
There that was the last 2 weeks and why I have not been on here. Sorry to any of you that wanted to sit and read a quick update. I promise to try to get on here again weekly so they are not so long. Now for some pictures.





No comments:
Post a Comment