Monday, November 5, 2012

November

   November, a month to take time and give thanks to those around you. We are only 5 days into the month and I have already found so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful that Mike works as hard as he does to allow me to stay home and raise the girls. Some days I have to remind myself to be thankful for this. Today is one of those days. The girls have been fighting and wining since they got out of bed.
   Lets talk about last week. Monday we stayed home and played. Tuesday we stayed home until Preschool. While Rachel was a school Becca and I got groceries. Rachel got to have a Halloween party at school. When we picked her up Mike asked her who had the best costume. She looked right at him and replied, "Mine I am a Princess, then Kassidy she was a fairy."
   Wednesday was Halloween. The girls and I stayed home and played until it was time to go trick or treating. We stopped by Mike's office. Then Rachel and I went to the St. Pat's vs. West Holt football game. Rachel wanted to wear her costume, after some discussion I agreed but she could not wear her gloves or her crown. As I was getting her out of the car she looked at me with a sad face and said, "Mom no one will know who I am without my gloves and crown." She did not get to wear them and everyone knew who she was! After the game we went to Kate and Justin's for dinner, then we took the girls out for trick or treating. Rachel had it all figured out. She could ring the doorbell, Hanna could knock on the door (because Hanna was to little to reach the doorbell), and Becca could just come with them! The girls all had a blast, Becca finally got tired of going in and out of her car seat so we called it a night and came home.
   Thursday we went to St. Pat's all school mass for All Saints Day. The girls were both really good. Then Rachel went to school and Becca played at my friend Michelle's while I went back to the dentist. The good new is that my implant is starting to heal. Bad news is that I have to wear a retainer for 3 months at least.
   Friday was another day at home. Pat and Wanda came to town for dinner. Saturday Wanda and Phyllis watched the girls as I got my haircut and Mike and Pat did some errands. When we all got home we played some card and then watched the Nebraska game. Justin, Kate, and Hanna came out and the girls all played really well so we all got to enjoy the game. Sunday was church and then Rachel went to the movie with the neighbors so Becca and I just relaxed and watched some movies while Mike worked in the shop.
  A couple weeks ago I interviewed Rachel with 20 questions here are the results of her questions. I plan to do this with each girl every year on there birthday. I think it will be neat to see how they change from year to year. We also have a stander and a couple stepper. Yes Becca is finally figuring it out. I have caught her standing alone a couple times today and she took a couple steps on Saturday from Grandma Priest to me!

Rachel
Age: 3 1/2

1. What is your favorite color? Red and Pink 
2. What is your favorite toy? Dollies 
3. What is your favorite fruit? Pears and Apples 
4. What is your favorite TV show? Princess and the Frog 
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peas and Rice 
6. What is your favorite outfit? Dress like a Princess 
7. What is your favorite game? Pop Bubbles 
8. What is your favorite snack? Fruit Snacks 
9. What is your favorite animal? Elephants to Ride, and Horses to Feed 
10. What is your favorite song? Ariel (“Up where they walk, up where they run.”) 
11. What is your favorite book? Jesus Book (Bible) 
12. Who is your best friend? Big Rebekah
13. What is your favorite sport? Playing Baseball 
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the sand box 
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade 
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas 
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Dollies and Blankies 
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes 
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Ice cream 
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to Do Laundry 

 The girls all had on the same shirt for the game. Rachel was not so excited about pictures.
 Rachel was having a dress up day. She is wearing one of Grandma Kitty's necklaces and some of her earrings.
 This is Becca's new camera face. She is saying Cheese!
Big Girl! Standing all by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment