Monday, December 10, 2012

Busy Time of Year

   So last week may have been a bit boring and I didn't have any pictures. We made up for it this week. We packed in a lot of things and the girls were worn out. Becca is now sleeping better and Rachel even took a nap over the weekend. I think those are both signs of tired children.
  Let's begin. Monday the girls and I stayed home and got things ready for the week. Tuesday we stayed home in the morning and then we went to town for school. Pat, Wanda, and Aaron came to town for the cattle sale. Becca and I met Wanda at Shopko after dropping off Rachel, we then went to Walmart and to lunch with Grandma Preist, Auntie J, and Cindy. After lunch Becca and I picked up Rachel then we went to the mall and to Dave's place to meet the guys. After some pizza Mike and Becca came home while Rachel and I went to Rebekah's basketball game. We then came home and put the girls to bed before I headed back to town for girls night.
  Wednesday we went to story time with Kate and Hanna. Then we picked up some sandwiches and  went to the Raatz's for lunch and the girls played. Rachel and Hanna had a few disagreement until they started singing songs together. It will be interesting to see how they all get along in a couple years. Hanna always asks about Baby Becca but she loves to play with Rachel.
   Thursday we went to lunch with Michelle, Rachel went to school. Becca and I ran some errand and I got a little more Christmas shopping done. Then we went to get Mike and took him to get lunch. After school we went to the hospital and saw Santa. Rachel told him she wanted a Barbie castle and both the girls sat on his lap for some good pictures. Mike even had a little break to come see them with Santa as well. After Santa we went downtown for the parade of lights. Both girls really enjoyed seeing all the floats and lights. After the parade we went to First Thursday's at Gracie Mae's. What a busy and fun filled day.
  Friday we stayed home and cleaned and did laundry. That evening we went to dinner with the Brunz family. Then the girls and I picked up Sam and Rebekah and we went to Cody Park. The kids all enjoyed riding the rides and each of them also got to drive the horses on our hay rack ride. It was getting pretty cold by the time we got done. We then enjoyed some s'more's and hot chocolate. Mike was on call and not able to join us so I am sure we will be going back.
   Saturday we stayed home and assembled gingerbread houses in the morning. The girls and I then went to town and picked up Rebekah. She came out to stay with the girls while Mike and I went to the neighbors for  an ugly sweater party. I forgot to take picture of us but Mike had a nice shirt with bows in the shape of a Christmas tree. I just used an old sweater and wrote Merry Christmas on the front. Nothing to exciting. Mike got a lot of compliment on his, but there were some really good shirts and outfits.
  Sunday was church and then it was way to cold for anything else, so we just came home. Cleaned, watched some movies and cuddled the day away.
 Becca laying on the couch like a big girl!
 Rachel telling Santa what she would like!
 Becca was not sure what to think.
 The girls with Santa!
 Becca's first candy cane!

 Rachel opening her gift from Santa. A new Book!
 Most days while at home you will see Becca pushing around her stroller. Most kids use them to push around babies. Becca has found it to work much better to push around all her collections. This day she had bandaids, a pot holder, cell phone, a couple toys, crayons, and a little dolly!
 My two deers!



No comments:

Post a Comment