Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Is In The Air

   The wind is here. I am hoping that this is not a sign of how the winter is going to be. I really don't mind the wind once in a while but this 2-3 day wind is for the birds. I do enjoy the cooler weather and fitting into the clothes and coats that I could not fit into the end of last winter.
   Let's get started and recap the last 2 weeks in our lives. Last Monday Becca turned 2. We got to sign Happy Birthday many times throughout the day. We did not really celebrate as we had a welcome dinner for all the new physicians that night at the country club. Tuesday Rachel rode to school with the neighbors as I took Rebekah and Sam to school for Lisa. After Rachel got done with school we went to Grandma Priest's and helped Pat, Wanda, and Aaron cut down two trees. Auntie J and Mike also joined us for lunch and a nice visit. Rachel, Becca, and Wanda went and sang with Auntie J at the retirement home that afternoon. We then came home and Mike mowed while the kids and I made dinner.
  Wednesday Rachel went to school and we spent the day at home doing laundry and packing for our trip. Thursday after school and clinic we all loaded up and headed to Omaha. We enjoyed staying with Tyson and Nicole and the girls enjoyed playing with Camden and Grady and all of their toys. Alec traveled okay and we only had to stop one time.
  Friday we got up and had breakfast before headed to Vala's Pumpkin Patch in Gretna. It was so nice to get to spend some time as a family and the girls enjoyed running around and looking at all the fun things to do. Rachel even got to look at the map and help us plan where to go. Friday night we went to the rodeo. Okay let me rephrase that; Kristi, Brooklyn, Alec, and I went the rodeo for about 30 minutes before we had enough and threw in the towel and decided that they were to young and took them back to the hotel. Saturday morning we got up and took family pictures. Everyone did so good and all the pictures turned out great. Saturday afternoon Mike took the girls swimming and then Alec and Becca stayed with a babysitter while Mike, Rachel, and I enjoyed the rodeo with the rest of my family.
   Sunday we packed up and after a short stop in Lincoln to have lunch with Kevin we made it home mid afternoon and spent the rest of the day relaxing. Alec did get his first taste of cereal Sunday night. He liked the taste but could not figure out how to move it to the back of his mouth so we waited and tried again today. He did better tonight but still not great. Monday Rachel went to school while Alec and Becca went and played with Sam and Rebekah while I went to Jazzercise and Walmart. Monday night we enjoyed a nice supper at Dave's place with Laura and Bill.
  Tuesday was school and cleaning. The weekend wore out the kids so much that I was not able to get much done Monday afternoon as I spent most of the day holding either Alec or Becca. So Tuesday I spent most of my time cleaning, unpacking and doing laundry. Wednesday Rachel did not have school due to teacher in-service so we all went to Jazzercise and then enjoyed some time at the museum with friends.
   Thursday Mike took Rachel to school. After school Becca and Alec went to Michelle's while Rachel and I went to the dentist. Rachel did not get anything done but we always enjoy our time together. Friday was so cold and windy that we decided just to stay home and play. Saturday Mike went to and auction in the morning and the kids and I played. Saturday night the kids all went to Troshynski's while Mike and I attended a house warming party at the Covey residence. Then today we went to church, lunch, and the mall, stopped by Murdock's to pick up a few things I forgot on Thursday and came home to finish putting up fall decorations and doing a little yard work outside.
   There I finally made some time to sit down and type up the last two weeks. Now for the pictures. Get ready there are a lot.

Ready to start exploring the Pumpkin Patch



Trike Races


Daddy and Becca in the Mine

Jumping on the Pillows. Rachel's favorite part.

Becca need a little help from dad.


Alec had a nice nap in the stroller.


Rachel pumping water to move the duckies.

Mike gave the girls a ride on the dirt track.

Sliding to a stop




Waiting for the pig races to start.

Love this shot.


Playing Checkers!

Giant Spider web.

The big rocking chair! Only family picture!

First night of cereal. Kind of messy.

Becca loving on Alec.

No comments:

Post a Comment