Monday, August 18, 2014

Rachel Class of 2027

  Rachel is in Kindergarten! How can 5 years pass so quickly? Rachel had back to school night on Thursday and her first half day on Friday. Thursday night we all went to school and got to meet her teacher. She says that she is nervous for school but has been up and ready both mornings. Friday she also rode the bus home from school. I will admit Friday was a little sad for me, not because she was not home with me more that I no longer have control of her environment. I was fine when she went to stay at mom and dad's for a week because I knew who and what she would be doing. School is different, I know where she is and that she is there to learn, but what about the other kids? What if they are mean? What if she is mean? What will she learn from the bigger kids at lunch, recess, or on the bus? These are the things that make me sad. I know she has to grow up, but she is still my baby girl. She is still the little one that was just her and I all the days and nights that Mike worked and we lived in Missouri. She is still my baby!
    Thankfully we have an amazing neighbor that is at the school with her. Melissa is one of the best and loves our daughter as one of her's. She is always watching out for her so I know that she is okay. Just a couple minutes ago I got the best text. It was Melissa and she was on lunch duty today so she text me to tell me that Rachel ate all her lunch and was doing good. Only another mom will understand how much I needed that today. Thank you Melissa for your kind heart and for watching my baby at school.
    Rachel you are amazing and I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see how much you grow this school year. We all miss you while you are gone but love that you are learning new things. We can't wait to meet you today and watch you get off the bus as a big girl!

She is getting Taller!

Very excited for her first day.

Silly Sister Picture

Love Her!

All Three on the First Day

We can't forget Roger.

Rachel and Mommy. Man she is past my waste already. 

Daddy and Rachel

Mommy and Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment