April Memories
1. Do you have a good April Fool's Day story? Nope, have never really done anything for it.
2. Tell about a practical joke or prank someone played on you. Can't think of any
3. What did you want to be when you grow up? A veterinarian
4. Did you ever make a kite? Tell How. Yes in country school with paper and sticks.
5. Tell your experiences with kite flying. We use to fly kites at Grandma Kohle's on Easter Saturday after the Easter egg hunt in town.
6. Have you ever hunted, or tried to capture a wild animal? My family deer hunts every year. We use to go Dove hunting with Grandpa Kohle, Patsy, and Uncle Jim.
7. Did you ever try to adopt a wild animal? I don't remember ever catching any animals and keeping them as pets.
8. Make up a limerick about yourself. There once was a mom of three, that had days she wanted to spend in a tree. But the tree had bugs and the three gave hugs. Together they lived happily.
9. Do you have a day that stands out as the very best day of your life? Our Wedding Day and the Day each of our kids was born.
10. Relate a favorite spring memory. Easter reminds me of spring and I have so many great Easter memories with mom's side of the family. Also, baby calves and baby sheep.
11. Did your Mom or Dad ever find something you had hidden? I'm sure I tried to hide my diary and mom found it.
12. Share a memory of going to church as you were growing up. We went every Sunday during the school year and Saturday nights in the summer. We loved going to Saturday night church with Grandma and Grandpa Kohle because after church we always got to go to the bar and drink some pop and got a quarter to play the video games. If we went to church on Sunday's in O'Neill and we were good we got to go to Grandma Tielke's Deli store and get our "One Thing"
13. Share a memory about a church social activity. I don't remember going to any.
14. Tell about and Easter Egg Hunt. We always had an egg hunt on Easter Saturday at the Stuart park and then again after Easter Sunday Mass at Grandma and Grandpa's farm. We got released youngest to oldest and had to find them in Grandpa's bales and equipment behind the shop.
15. If your family went to Easter Sunrise services, tell about it. Not just Easter Sunday church in Stuart and we got to release balloons after mass.
16. Tell about any other Easter traditions. At home we would always have to find our baskets before we could pick up any candy. So years I would wake up early and go find my basket so when mom told us it was time to go I already knew where it was.
17. When you played make-believe what did you pretend? We played house a lot and also school. I was usually the dad and Nicky was the mom.
18. If you could return to your childhood, what would you do differently? Spend more time with my grandparents and great grandparents.
19. Is there anything you would do differently as a teenager? I would go back to high school and actually try to make myself better in sports not just go out and play.
20. Did you ever write something that you were really proud of? A Trail of Tears report in country school.
21. What is the best book you ever read as a child? The Babysitter's Club Series
22. What is the biggest physical problem you had to deal with? Nothing (I was always the tallest)
23. Did you have and superstitions? Nope
24. Where were your best hide-n-seek places? In the house was mom and dad's closet, outside was in the trees behind the gas barrels.
25. Tell about the first time you were ever behind the wheel of a car. We started driving around age 7, while dad and Grandpa Kohle loaded hay bales on the trailer and while dad gave grain to the sheep. I remember not being able to see and push the pedal so dad but a cushion on the seat so we could lean against it and stand and drive.
26. Did you ever take anything that wasn't yours? I have 4 sisters so I'm sure I did.
27. What did you do with it? Did you get caught? Teased them that "I didn't have it" they usually figured it out.
28. Do you have a story about a big surprise? The best big surprise was when we surprised Pat and Cindy by all showing up in Lincoln to watch Devan play state basketball his senior year.
29. What childhood fear do you remember? Fear of heights after I fell walking down the big twist slide at the park by Grandma and Grandpa Tielke's house.
30. Tell about a May Day tradition. We never did May Day growing up. I did it was Rachel and Becca a couple years ago but it is more difficult to do when you live in the country.
No comments:
Post a Comment