We are coming to the end of the 2015-2016 school year and moving on to 2016-2017. What does that mean? The girls will both be at Hershey, Rachel 2nd Grade and Rebecca Preschool. We are still undecided about Alec. He is old enough to go to Preschool in North Platte but do I want to spend all day Tuesday and Thursday in the car running kids? Is he ready, not yet as he still refuses to potty train? We have the summer to think about it and get him potty trained before we have to make a choice but right now I think we will spend the year without him in school and then send him to 2 years of preschool after this school year.
Monday we took Rachel to school then I mowed while Becca and Alec took turns riding with me. I could not believe how much the grass grew while we were gone, I had just mowed last Monday and it was already really long. It took me most the afternoon and even some time after school to weed eat and mow all our yard. There is no better feeling to me then looking out over the yard after it has been freshly mowed just before sunset!
Tuesday we took the girls to school then went to Jazzercise. After class we stopped by to see Lisa. Alec wanted to stay with Lisa while I picked up Becca and we went to buy some plants at Shopko. Tuesday Rachel had writer workshop at school and had invited Lisa to go to school with her. After school Lisa brought her home. Tuesday night Babs came out and watched and put the kids to bed while Mike and I attended another interview dinner. Wednesday we took Rachel to school and she got to go to Maranatha Camp for her field trip. They even got to take the school charter bus. She thought the big bus was so much fun and had a great day skating, rock climbing, going on a nature hunt, and hanging out with her class. We did not go to Jazzercise as I still had lots of thing to do from being gone last week. Wednesday night Rachel had her first T-ball practice. The little kids had a great time playing at the park while Rachel practices, Rachel had a great time playing ball again. As soon as she gets a little better at catching the game will be so much more fun for her.


 |
| Cool day for the first practice. |
Thursday was Becca's last day of Preschool. She was ready for school to be over but was sad that she will not see the same friends next year at Hershey. She is so excited to go to Rachel's school but really did enjoy her class and teacher's this year. They went to the park for their last day so Alec and I joined them for some of the time before we left to go pick up our beef that was finished processing. We came home after school and Johnna came out to watch the kids while I ran to town to get some more plants and to have lunch with Michelle and Ashlynn. After school we planted all the flowers I have purchased over the last week.
 |
| That Face! |
 |
| She had to have a picture with Roger. She loves him so much. |
 |
| Last time to walk through those doors. |
 |
| Swinging with her friend Cora |
 |
| Silly boy. |
 |
| This works well since they weigh almost the same. |
 |
| Planting flowers. |
 |
| Becca and Alec decided before bed that they were going to wear each other's pajamas. They thought it was so funny and laughed all the way to bed. Alec woke up the next morning and said, "I don't want to be Becca any more, take off this girl thing and can I put on my batman jammies please?!?" |
Friday we took Rachel to school then came home and got a few things done before bundling up and heading back to school for Rachel's fun day. All the elementary kids get to go around the track and try some of the track events and do some obstacle course type things. Alec and Becca had a great time watching and playing. We were glad the sun came out a little so that we didn't freeze the whole time. Friday night Mike went to Mullen with Nick to attend Tim Simonson's branding. The kids and I stayed home this time as I really had a lot of thing to get done and it was not supposed to be a very nice day. Friday night we watched movies and had a nice relaxing evening.
 |
| Long Jump |
 |
| "Hi Mom!" |
 |
| They love seeing Sissy at school |
 |
| Hugs |
 |
| Becca showing her track moves |
 |
| Alec couldn't be outdone. |
 |
| We may need to work on her football throw. |
So I have a confession: Mike was gone all weekend and so I had decided I was going to do nothing all weekend. Lay around with the kids and watch movies. So that is what we did all Friday evening. I got up Saturday and drank some coffee and then started breakfast for the kids, then Alec and I went outside and tilled up the whole garden, removed the post and fence from around the trees that I built last year, cleaned up all the tumble weeds along the fence, and cleared and tilled the old garden. Yes that is what happens when I stay home with the kids. Yes all of these things have been kind of on my to do list, yes I had planned to do them; no I was not planning to get them all done this weekend. It just feels good to get things done, to look out the back door and be able to say I did that. I cleaned that up! So that was our Saturday, along with some fighting, Alec almost hurting Becca with the hoe, some amazing grilled hamburgers and another movie night!
 |
| Becca came out to help in the garden for a little while |
 |
| The best helper around. |
Sunday we went to church and then picked up food before coming home to eat. Mike and Nick got back around 1 and after sorting out beef Nick headed home and I took Rachel to t-ball practice while Mike, Alec, and Becca played in the shop. Sunday night we all watched Minion's before the kids went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment