Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

   We are finally getting into the swing of summer. I think I am finding the middle of my to-do list, and we are getting some things done. We had a great week last week with lots of travel. Monday Mike was still off work so after getting some things done around the house we decided to head to the golf course. It is getting easier taking the kids with us. Rachel is getting really good at hitting the ball and I am excited to see how much she improves after some lessons that are starting this week. After golf on Monday we all went to see Alice Through the Looking Glass. The girls and I thought it was good; Mike was kind of disappointed and Alec feel asleep.




Memorial Day 2016
   Tuesday the kids and I went to Kearney to drop wedding stuff off with Tammy. We enjoyed a nice lunch with Cindy, and then went to Tammy's parents' house. The kids had fun playing outside. We did a little shopping and headed back home. Wednesday Alec went to Lisa's with Babs while the girls and I went to the dentist. Another great report with none of us having any cavities! We then picked up Alec went to Walmart and headed home before going to Hershey for T-ball practice. Wednesday was also the day the Simonson Family grew by one more with the addition of Hazel June born to Nick and Melissa.
Watching T-ball and eating seeds

She is such a cheese!
   Thursday Rachel's friend and our new neighbor Elly came over for the morning. The kids enjoyed playing outside and making some things with air dried clay. Michelle and Ashlynn came out for lunch and then Thursday night Rachel had her first T-ball game. It was a home game and they won by 4. Rachel had a triple, a double, got out at first, and then a single! She understands the game better each game and is really becoming a great hitter and base runner.


Her first at bat of the year was a triple.
   Friday we picked Mike up in Cozad when he was done with clinic and went to Alma to meet baby Hazel. The kids all had a great time playing and Becca was so excited to hold Hazel. Alec was a good boy and didn't squeeze the baby, but really thinks he need to burp all babies. We came back home Friday night as it was Melissa's first night home.
So Excited!

Alec, Rachel, Kelcee, Tucker, Becca, and Hazel

Hazel June

She would sit like this all day. A dog and a baby!

The boys with Hazel

He was so excited for his chance to hold baby Hazel.
   Saturday Alec went to the office with Mike while the girls and I went to coffee with a visiting physician's wife. We then had lunch at Mike's office before going to the lumber store to finalize things for the deck on the back side of the house. Becca was invited to go to Cody Park with Bentley and Cathy so she did that while the rest of us were at the lumbar store. Rachel, Alec, and I then joined them for ice cream and the first Cody Park rides of the season for us. Johanna came out Saturday night and watched the kids while I get to a Trivia Night fundraiser for the Children's Museum and Mike went to a dinner. 


Alec's first time on the fast cars.


Alec, Kyler and I on the swings.

Becca and Bentley

The girls on the swings.
   Sunday we all went to church, the kids were all good in church so we got to go have donuts for Donut Sunday! After church we came home and I trimmed out all the grass before taking Rachel to t-ball practice then came home and mowed while Mike and the kids watched a movie. Mike was working most the day and enjoys his Sunday movie nights with the kids. 
Riding Bike's while Rachel has practice.

Becca is getting pretty good at riding the big bike.

Yes Alec is riding a pink bike. No he does not care! 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment