Monday, August 8, 2016

New School Year Just Around the Corner

   Here we are in the last week and a half before school starts. Where did the summer go? How am I going to have a second grader and a 4 day a week preschooler? What is Alec going to do without Becca every afternoon? Will I get the rest of my things done before school starts?
   We have had a great summer and cannot wait for the school year. The girls are so excited to be in the same school and maybe this year Alec will get over his fear of the mascot so that we can all enjoy more activities at Hershey.
   The last two weeks have been busy getting everything in before the craziness of school starts. Swimming lessons was number one on the list. This year I was able to find a session that all 3 kids could take at the same time. Alec was not sure the first 2 days and cried the entire lesson. One would think that you would not be listening while crying but on day 3 with a little ice cream bribery Alec did not cry and even asked his teacher if they could do some of the things they "learned" on days 1 and 2. Monday we just went to swimming lessons and came home. I had a bunch of laundry to do and things to get caught up on.
Not happy

Becca loved every minute of swimming lessons

Rachel learning new things

This was the only part he was not crying during.
   Tuesday we again had swimming lessons and again Alec cried. He did not like standing on the platform in the water. Mostly because he was stuck out there and could not get out of the pool and run away. He had an amazing teacher that stuck with teaching him and made him do back floats and front floats even while screaming the whole time. It was hard to watch as a mommy but I knew he would love it once he was not mad, and there were a lot of very encouraging parents that helped encourage me and Alec that it would be okay! After lessons on Tuesday Babs came out to watch the little 2 while Rachel and I had Mommy Rachel day and did some school shopping and went to the eye Dr. Rachel is still struggling with reading some so I wanted to make sure she could see okay. With her dad's family eye history and mine our eye Dr encourages us to take them in every 2 years for a complete eye exam. Rachel has very good vision and no need for glasses at this time. We also went out and test drove a new suburban before coming home. Tuesday night Mike was on call and Kate needed her appendix out so after getting the kid's supper John and Sam came out to put them to bed while I went to the hospital to keep Justin company and help with Hanna. Hanna was so worried about her mom that she wouldn't stay with a babysitter and wanted to spend the night with us. 
Day 2 still not happy ;(
  Wednesday Alec decided swimming was kind of fun. Hanna also went swimming with us as Kate had to spend the night at the hospital due to high blood pressure. After swimming lessons we dropped off Hanna, ran some errands and came home. Mike gave Alec a haircut after supper. No he did not keep the Mohawk and is pretty proud of his bald head.
Smiling on Day 3

New haircut

Not sure what to think.
  Thursday we had lessons then came home as it rained so much and we were so wet by the time we got to the car. Michelle and Ashlynn came out to play and I packed clothes for the weekend. After supper we went to town to have a drink with Tracey and Vinny Dugan. The kids had a great time playing in their back yard.
Swimming and Playing with babies is so much work.
   Friday we didn't have lessons and Alanna came to watch the kids so that I could take off for Denver for Tammy's bachelorette party. Wanda also came to town Friday and stayed then night. On Saturday Mike and the kids went to Mullen to the Jr. Rodeo and then out to the ranch to stay. Sunday they stopped to play at Aaron's before coming home. Friday I went to Denver and picked up Tammy, after running some errands we went to Blackhawk where I hosted Tammy's party. Tammy and I played some penny slots and enjoyed hanging out on Friday night and Saturday before her friends and family joined us. I came home on Sunday, after getting stuck on the interstate for a while due to a wreck I took gravel roads south and finally made it home. Sunday night I mowed while Mike and the kids played and watched a movie.
Tammy in the same sash I wore for my Bachelorette Party

Bride and Maid of Honor

Sunday morning time to go home.

What had grown in my garden while I was gone.
   Monday we had lessons again. After a few tears about not wanting to get in Alec enjoyed his lessons. Becca and Rachel both really enjoyed their classes as well. Monday afternoon Rachel had a back to school party at Cody Water slides with some classmates and Alec and Becca got to join. Alec loved going down the big slides with the big girls.


Hershey Panthers!
   Tuesday after lessons the Raatz's and Hinton's came over for a play date. We all enjoyed our time together and are really going to miss Justin, Kate, Hanna, and Dutch! Wednesday Babs came out after lessons to watch Alec and Rachel while Becca and I had Mommy Becca day to get school supplies. Becca's day was not as much fun as we also decided to buy a new Yukon Denali XL so Becca spent most of her day test driving cars and some shopping. She did get to go play at Hanna's while I signed the paper work for the new car. Rachel also got to go get her nails done with Elly and her mom. Alec spent the day with Babs and enjoyed a root beer float for the first time.
Rachel and Peyton

Alec, Dutch, Kinley, Jase, Hanna, and Becca

This shelf came from Grandma Tielke. I finally got some more decorations for it. I love it so much and it brings me so much happiness each time I see it.
  Thursday was the last day of swimming lessons. All the kids passed! I was not sure Alec would but they said he is ready for level 1! We went to Walmart after lessons and then came home to unload groceries before going back to town to play at the park with Hanna, Dutch and Ashlynn. We then enjoyed some ice cream with Mike before coming home. Friday Michelle and Ashlynn came out to play in the morning while I did some laundry. Friday night we went to Gothenburg for supper with Kate, Justin, and Stacy. We had a great time celebrating friendship and a last night out with Kate and Justin before they move this week.
 
 
 



Going to miss her so much!
   Saturday the kids were in a fashion show at the mall. Becca then went with Bentley to ride horses and go to a petting zoo. Mike, Rachel, Alec, and I went out for lunch and then came home and watched some TV and did some laundry. Sunday the girls and I went to church and Menard's while the boys worked on forms for concrete and did some outside things. Rachel and Becca went to play at Hampton's while I went to town and helped Kate pack her kitchen. I then picked up Becca while Rachel stayed to have a sleepover with Jensyn. 








Becca and Bentley



No comments:

Post a Comment