Friday, August 26, 2016

Back To School

   We are officially back to school and life is starting to get a little more organized. We are back on a bedtime schedule and try to eat dinner every night at 6. Rachel has decided she likes taking a bath in the mornings to wake up and then her hair is easier to comb. The last couple of days she has even been getting up on her own around 6:40. Becca is enjoying school but by the end of the week she was not wanting me to leave and even tried to convince me to go to class for her one of the days. She has so much fun while she is in school, but some days she would just rather stay with me.
   Where did the last 3 weeks go? Here is a recap of the last week of summer and the first 2 weeks of school! The last week of summer was very busy. We had a birthday and going away party for Hanna. We all went to Cody Park and enjoyed some ice cream and rides on Monday evening. The kids had a great time playing and it was good to see so many of our friends.
The whole birthday crew.
   Rachel had her friend Payton come stay the night and Becca went to stay at Kinley's house. Alec was sad that he didn't get to have a friend over but he soon got over it when he found out that he got to cuddle with Mom and watch the Olympics while the girls had to go to bed! Wednesday we went to town after supper to tell Kate and the kids' goodbye. Justin is still around finishing up some stuff at work and trying to get their house sold. It was sad saying good bye but it was not really a goodbye it was a see you later! Thursday we stayed home and Alec was sick. I managed to get my whole office cleaned on Thursday due to all Alec wanted to do was sit in the chair and the girls were happy watching TV and playing lego's since there brother was not feeling well enough to destroy what they created. My garden is doing amazing again this year. I have had some problems with fungus and bugs but I have managed to get plenty of produce to share with friends.
Dill

Tomatoes

One day's worth of produce from the garden!
   Friday Babs came out to watch the kids while I ran to town and did some errands. Friday evening we just played and put together Alec's new bed from Lisa. Saturday we went to Alma to spend the night and to celebrate Hazel's baptism. Mike, Nick, and Aaron removed some trees from behind Nick's house and we enjoyed taking the kids swimming and snuggling sweet baby Hazie.
So excited about his new bed

Hazie smiling at Becca.
    Sunday after baptism and lunch we came home so I could mow and we could get ready for back to school. Monday we had another going away party, this was for Mayme, Claire, and Emma Patnaude. We went to the country club pool and enjoyed our last swim of the season. Tuesday I was sick but managed to get some pickles canned and we survived back to school night without Mike as he had 3 surgeries come in after hours.



Back to school haircut before

After and she loves it.

Back to school night. We got all our supplies delivered.

   Wednesday was the first day back to school. Rachel went from 8:05 - 3:30 and Becca went from 12:05 - 3:30. Alec didn't want Becca to go to school so we did what he loves to do that day, Golfing. We first had lunch with Tracey Dugan then we managed to get 3 holes of golf in. I was still not feeling the best so 3 holes was enough and that night I went to bed right after the kids at 8:30.
Rachel thought Roger needed back to school pictures as well.








Rachel's Teacher Mrs. Thompson





Becca's Teacher Mrs. Cox

Back to school lunch.

The picture we sent Daddy to see if he was finished working.

Alec's favorite "back pack"!
   Thursday Alec went to Michelle's while the kids were in school so that I could mow and get some of the yard stuff ready for our Back to School BBQ. Saturday was BBQ day. Mom, Dad, Patsy, Katie, Tanner, Jaidyn, Kristi, London, Brooklyn and all the Simonson's came to town for the party. We had a great turn out this year and amazing weather. There is still lots of beer left but not much food so I guess everyone left happy. We also finished all the concrete work on Friday with the help of Aaron and Nick, and Wanda watched the kids so that I could go to town and see some friends at business after hours.
   Sunday we just cleaned a little and relaxed most the day. The kids were so tired and needed a quite day at home before the first full week of school. Sunday night we enjoyed a movie as a family and everyone went to bed early.
   This week we had a full week of school. Rachel goes Monday through Friday from 8:05 - 3:30 and Becca goes Monday through Thursday from 12:05 - 3:30. They both really enjoy school even though Becca has been called Rachel a couple time by her teacher. I am sure it will not be the last time. Alec is adjusting to Becca being in school, but really wants me to play with him while she is gone and has even refused to get in the car a couple times because he doesn't want Becca to go to school. 
   Between school drop off, Jazzercise, lunch, school drop off, school pick up, cleaning, laundry, mowing, and watering the lawn I have managed to get some canning done. I canned pickles one day, pizza sauce another, and salsa another. I really like canning just can't seem to find the time to get it all done.
Alec was a "knife" the other day at school. I told him that he looked like a knight and he said no mom "night" means bedtime so I am a "knife"

Pink girl hand me downs! Life of a little brother.

Biking riding on a cool afternoon

Salsa Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment