Snow; that has been the talk of the week and maybe even most of the month. Mother Nature is showing us a few peeks as spring each week but I'm not sure if that is helping us hold on through the cold or making us miss spring that much more. What a spring we have had and it kind of makes me worried about summer. One of the highlights of my summer is my garden but each year there is always that one storm that seems to threaten all my hard work. So what will I do? I will more than likely plant the garden and then worry about it with each approaching storm!
Here we go with the April update! Monday the 2nd the kids didn't have school since it was the day after Easter. We went to town and had lunch with Lisa, Marty, Sam, Babs and one of their friends that we get to see each Easter, Krissy. Then Monday evening we went over to Matt and Trisha's to meet Alex (their foreign exchange student) parents. We enjoyed visiting with them and meeting his brother and sister as well. The kids and guys did some shooting and we enjoyed a nice dinner before making the kids come home for bed. Alex parents left on Tuesday but Alex will be around until summer. Alec loves spending time with Alex, Justin, and Jace and I think they kind of like having him around as well.
 |
| This girl loves to grab my phone and take selfies! |
 |
| Becca's first time shooting |
 |
| Rachel's first shot! |
 |
| Bubba was not sure what to think after he got done. |
Tuesday the kids all went back to school and were very tired after the long weekend and late night. After picking up Alec we meet in town at King's Buffet for Babs birthday. She turned 18 this year and will be graduating soon. We are going to miss her so much. After school we came home and the kids went to bed early.
 |
| She was so surprised! We got her an apple watch! |
Wednesday the kids had school and I went to town and did some shopping at Walmart and Hobby Lobby. I then picked up Alec and we came home and I did some laundry and organized my kitchen drawers. Alec had soccer practice that evening and we picked up food in town before coming home for bed. Thursday the kids had school and I did laundry and got ready for the weekend. Friday by the time school got out they had cancelled soccer due to the snow and cold so we decided to pack up and head to Alma. We always have a great time visiting Nick and Melissa. The kids all played really well and we enjoyed playing cards that evening.
Saturday we got up and head breakfast before heading to Grand Island for the horse races. This is a family event that I look forward to each year. This year we had a large group and it was really nice to see everyone. The kids again had a great time, I didn't win any money, and we stayed at the Ramada which had a great pool area for us all to hangout in and watch the kids.
 |
| The kids! |
 |
| Swimming |
 |
| Putt Putt |
 |
| Ping Pong |
 |
| The girls |
 |
| The whole Kohle Group! |
 |
| Granny and the kids |
 |
| He loves Nicky! |
 |
| Jaidyn, Alec, and Kole |
Sunday we got up and had breakfast, then let the kids swim for a bit and packed up and came home. We watched a movie that evening and called it was week. Monday the kids all had school, and I stayed home and worked on laundry and getting my to do list together for the week. I was planning a surprise birthday party for Rachel because I had told her (after she complained about never doing anything fun for her birthday) that we were not going to do birthday parties this year.
Tuesday the kids had school and after picking Alec up we stopped by the pond on the river to see the pelican's that were migrating through. I knew they migrated but I have never noticed so many of them until this year. Tuesday night the kids all had soccer. Wanda came to town to watch them play and Auntie J also joined us. The kids all had great games and we all rotated watching them as Rachel and Becca played at the same time.
 |
| A squadron, pod, or scoop of Pelicans |
 |
| Group picture. They were all supposed to jump! |
Wednesday I picked Alec up from school and we walked down to the gas station and had lunch. We have never eaten lunch in Hershey before and he thought it was really cool to be able to walk to lunch from school. After lunch we went back to the school for Sean's track meet. We were able to watch him run the 200 and the 4X100 relay before picking up the girls and taking them to Katie's for CCD. Wanda and Liza were also at the track meet and Liza enjoyed watching and listening to Alec loudly yell for Sean! I had a total mom fail that day and didn't take any picture of us at the track meet. Alec and the girls stayed to play at Katie's while I ran home to feed Jessie, change clothes, and pick up soccer stuff. Then it was back to Hershey for church and then to North Platte so Alec and Becca could take soccer pictures. Babs meet me at the soccer fields with food and finished pictures with the kids and brought them home while Mike and I went to an interview dinner at the Canteen for a potential PA candidate.
 |
| Becca's soccer picture! |
Thursday after taking the kids to school I spent the day cleaning and organizing the garage. The plan was to have Rachel's birthday party on Friday evening in the garage but due to the incoming snow storm we ended up moving it to Sunday. After school on Thursday Rachel, Becca and I made cupcakes for Rachel to take to school on Friday. Mike was home from work early and took some boxes and trash to town before staying home with Rachel and Alec while I took Becca to town for soccer practice. After practice we stopped at Walmart to pick up a birthday gift for Rachel and came home for bed.
 |
| Rachel wanted snake cupcakes |
Friday we woke Rachel up and celebrated her birthday with donuts and presents. The girls then had school and Alec and I came home. They ended up letting school out at 11:45 due to the storm. Elly and Bree came over to play that afternoon. Elly ended up staying the night and we enjoyed making Rachel's birthday cake and playing, having ribs for dinner, (we saved the cake as the kids had too much sugar that day and didn't eat dinner very well) and watching The Greatest Showman that evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment