Here we are the first week of November and I am just starting to update on October. So much better than the last couple years but still behind. Covid-19 is still a thing with numbers going up each day. It is no longer a matter of "do I know" someone with Covid, it is now a matter of does anyone in my family have Covid. I am really not sure what is going on and how or if our world will recover. As I sit here typing we are about to have one of the biggest days in recent years. Today is election day, will Trump win or Biden? The kids are finally old enough to understand more and our talk all the way to school was about elections and I am sure that is what we will talk about on the way home. One thing is for sure 2020 will be a year to remember and also a year many will not forget anytime soon.
Monday October 5th I took the kids to school then came home and did house work and cleaned my office. I payed bills and then went to get the kids from school. We came home and ate dinner early before heading to town for Rachel's first volleyball game. She made the A team and was very excited that her hard work was paying off. She did very well in her game and the team ended up splitting sets. Overall Rachel did great and had fun. Mike was not able to make the game as he was unloading posts for the fence at on the Campbell section. After the game we came home and everyone went to bed.
Tuesday the kids had school and I had a zoom call with Cheryl with the Grand Island diocese about all of the paperwork and making sure I had everything I needed for the DRE role and Safe Environment Coordinator for the church in Hershey. I then went to Hershey and donated blood. Then I came home and rested for a bit before going back to town to get the kids from school. Rachel had Piano at 5:30 and volleyball practice at 6:30 so I made her a taco salad and off we went for practices. Rachel is still loving Piano and is getting really good at it. Becca stayed home with Alec until Mike got home as I was running Rachel around.
Wednesday Trisha worked late so she took the kids to school. I went to Walmart and delivered cheesecake to Mike's office for PA week. Then I came home until it was time to get the CCD rooms ready for afternoon. I picked kids up from school and then we went to CCD. Becca and I had a volleyball game at 6:15 and Grandma Wanda came to watch. After volleyball it was drive thru food and home for showers and bed.
Thursday I took the kids to school then came home and walked on the treadmill. I then worked on laundry and did some blogs before going to school to sub for the 5th grade teacher so she could leave for volleyball. After school we came home and ate early before Rachel and I went to Hershey to watch the volleyball games and clean the bleachers. I had not been to a game yet this year to watch my mentee play and we were asked to clean the bleachers for money for Rachel's Washington D.C. trip. Mike got home just a little after we left and was able to be home and put Becca and Alec to bed as Rachel and I didn't get home until after 9.
Friday the kids had school and I went to Lisa's and we made our Nebraska shirts for our weekend with Kate and Justin. Lisa and I then went to lunch and I came home and worked around the house until it was time to pick up kids. As I was on my way to get the kids the eye dr called and said that Rachel's glasses were in so after school we all went to town and got her glasses. Bree and Elly went with us as well and after picking up and getting the glasses fitted we went to double dips for ice cream. We then dropped Elly off and home and picked up Mike and went to Homestead Pumpkin Patch. We all had a great time seeing friends and playing. We stayed until almost dark then came home and watched a movie.
After we picked up Rachel's glasses she was so overwhelmed! It is amazing how much we take for grated until some of it is taken away. Rachel had no clue how bad her eyes had gotten. She was amazed at the sight of the grass and the leaves in the trees. They were all so clear to her again. As we drove down the street and she could once again read the signs she put her head in her hands and let out a few tears! She was overwhelmed at the sights. It was such a great reminder of what I have and the experiences I get to take and make with my children each day! To finish the day off with a family picture at the pumpkin patch was amazing. Did my kids have on matching clothes, did they have the best hair, NO! But we were all there, it was a beautiful night and Rachel could see things clearer! What a blessing this day was.
Saturday was such a nice day and we knew colder weather was on the way. We all enjoyed sleeping in a little then the kids and I went out and tackled cleaning out the garden while Mike was at work. We worked in the garden until lunch time then came in and ate and got cleaned up to go to town for Cole's 1st Birthday party. We had a great time celebrating Cole and seeing friends. After the party we came home and I mowed the lawn before calling it a night. Sunday the kids and I went to church while Mike went out south and set a tank around the new windmill. After church the girls stayed home to clean while Alec and I went out south with Mike to check cows and feed them salt and mineral. That night we all watched Uncle Buck!
| Playing ball with Leightyn |
| Finally big enough to open the gates! |
No comments:
Post a Comment