Thursday, October 8, 2020

September 28 - October 4

    Monday September 28th I took the kids to school then came home and unpacked bags and did laundry from the weekend. I also mowed the grass as I didn't get it done on Sunday. Rachel had practice at 4 so I ran a group of 6th grade girls to North Platte before coming back home to make supper. After dinner Rachel and I went to Hershey to clean the gym after volleyball. The school pays different organizations to clean the gym so we are doing a couple to raise some more money for Washington DC. Tuesday Mike and I celebrated year number 13 by running around with the kids. We didn't even get to have a nice dinner like we usually do but that was the main reason for going to Dismal over the weekend. I took the kids to school then came home to work around the house. I picked up kids after school and surprised them by taking them to ice cream and mom and dad came to town. Pat, Wanda, and Aaron also had ice cream with us. Then Rachel and I went to Ashlynn's volleyball game while, mom, dad, Becca, and Alec went to the park with Mike. Alec had a great game and even scored 2 touchdowns. We had a great time visiting while we watched the game then everyone headed home and Mike was already at a meeting and missed the game. 


Ashlynn's volleyball game






Each month every teacher selects one student to be student of the month. This month Becca and Alec were both selected by their teachers. Mrs. Wilson said, "Alec always has a positive attitude in and out of the classroom. Alec tries hard, follows school rules, and is kind towards everyone. Alec is always willing to help others. Alec also worked hard this summer on his reading and math skills and completed the Summer Reading Challenge. Way To Go Alec!!" I am sure that Mrs. Ransdell had a very similar write up about Becca but I was not in that room and she didn't post anything about it so I am not sure. 

   Wednesday I took the kids to school then Simba to the vet to get fixed. After that I ran out and checked cows before going to pick up Rachel and take her to the eye dr. She was a -0.75 when we checked her last month, but has been struggling to see the board. Today she was a -1.25 so we ordered glasses and she is very excited to get them. After the eye dr Rachel and I picked up some lunch and ate on the way back to school as I had to sub for Mrs. Bode at 1. After school we had CCD and then another volleyball game for Becca. 


Alec is always excited to help his dad outside

Rachel's new look!

    Thursday I took the kids to school then went and picked up Simba. I brought him home and locked him in the shop as he seemed a little sleepy still. He was very hungry and loved his ears scratched. I then went back to town to have lunch with Stacy and Mike before going to the school to sub for Mrs. Gilmore at 2:30. After school we came home and did homework and studied spelling before going to town for Alec's last football game. They ended the season winning most their games and Alec is sad the season is over as he loved playing each game. After football Mike and the littles came home while Rachel and I ran back to Hershey to clean up the bleachers after the football game.



SunDog on the way home

   Friday the kids has school and I worked in my office until the school called me to come in and sub at 12. I subbed for Mrs. Ransdell and we had a great afternoon. Alec finally got to have a friend over after school and Beckett and Alec played so hard. They played football, and soccer, nerf guns, and Nintendo and they were both disappointed when it was time for Beckett to leave. I promised that they could have another play date soon. After Beckett left Mike and I headed out south to move the cows and get the pasture ready for the fence to be torn out. Saturday Mike was on call but we got up and had breakfast and waited for Sean and Aaron to come to town. We then all headed to the Campbell to tear out fence. The kids did so good and we all torn out 1.5 miles of fence that day. Alec loved helping and even stayed with Granddad and Aaron while I ran the girls home and got the trailer. Saturday night we enjoyed hamburgers and Aaron, Sean, and Pat stayed the night. Wanda stayed in with Phyllis. 






  Sunday Alec went back out to the pasture with Aaron and Sean while the girls and I went to church. This year due to CoVid the church did not have its fall festival. They did do a drive thru for the turkey dinner. After church we picked up some turkey dinner's and took them to Grandma Priests and enjoyed lunch with Phyllis and Wanda before coming home to mow and work outside. Rachel and Becca cleaned out my flower pots and started on the gardens while I mowed. Pat brought Alec home after they were finished with the fence clean up and then we all enjoyed watching a movie and having popcorn after everyone was cleaned up!

No comments:

Post a Comment