Monday, July 4, 2022

September 6 - 12

    Monday September 6th was Labor Day! Since Mike was on call and we didn't go to Valentine Mike and Alec went golfing in the morning. Rachel stayed inside and cleaned the house, Becca was still at Josie's and I spent the morning outside laying mulch. Monday night Rachel had piano and we got ready for another week of school. Tuesday I took the kids to school then went to town for a massage and hair appointment. That afternoon I subbed for 6K at 2:30 then we came home. Wednesday I went to town and ran errands that I didn't get done on Tuesday. After school we had CCD and Father came at the end of class to bless any family pets that our kids wanted to bring. I then brought Alec and Becca home before going to Hershey to pick up Rachel from practice and taking her to church. 

  Thursday I went to St. Pat's church for a Save Environment Training from 9-3. I then went to school and picked up the kids and headed to North Platte for Rachel's first volleyball game. Rachel played for the B and C team. Sean had a football game in Hays Center so Aaron, Liza, and Ash came to watch Rachel but had to leave before she played on the B team. Mike went to the football game with them. Pat, Wanda, and Janice stayed and watched Rachel play. After the game we signed Rachel off the bus and picked up food before coming home to bed.
Rachel and Elly first Jr High Game




Auntie J

Grandma and Granddad
   Friday I subbed in the library at school. After school Rachel had practice and Becca went to Rowley's for her first babysitting job. I worked on canning and freezing spaghetti sauce to use up my tomatoes. Saturday Mike and I took Alec to Lincoln for his first football game. It was a 2:30 game and so so hot. We got tickets from FNBO that were in the shade. Alec loved every minute of it and even got to hangout with Beckett for awhile before the game. Rachel went to Elly's for her birthday party that afternoon and evening while Becca stayed home. 








These boys can never get enough football


 Sunday we went to church and then Rachel had to be at the school from 1-4 to decorate the hallway for Homecoming. Becca, Alec and Mike went golfing and then I picked up Becca and we came home while Mike and Alec helped Andy and Marcia move. That night we had shrimp scampi for supper!

September 
6 - What do you remember doing at recess? We played kick and can, soccer, and pick up sticks outside. When it was cold and we had to stay inside we played 21 scado and dodgeball inside in the basement
7 - Tell about the playground equipment at your grade school. We had a merry-go-round, 2 sets of swings, and a monkey bar gym
8 - Did your parents ever make you wear something stupid to school? Not that I remember but now looking back at pictures sometime I wonder if mom even looked at us before we left for school as some of our outfits of choice were interesting
9 - Tell about who you thought was the smartest kid in school and why. Since we went to a 2 room school house we all were learning at our own pace. I was very good at math but not good at spelling.
10 - Tell about who you thought was the dumbest kids in school and why. Don't remember thinking anyone was dumb. Richard was in our class and very different but I just remember him being different not dumb.
11 - Tell about the naughtiest kid in school. The boys got into more trouble but no one was really naughty
12 - Tell about a teacher's pet. Our teacher's liked us all. Nicky got along with everyone and Kristi was really advanced for her age so they both got extra attention. 



No comments:

Post a Comment