I can't believe that we have gone through another month.August is ending which brings us to September or baby month. We will be a family of 4 soon. Not much is new here in the Simonson house so I thought that I would use this blog to update you on Rachel before the baby comes.
Rachel is now 36 inches tall and weight 30 lbs. She loves to get on the scale in the bathroom and stand there and say thirty pounds, thirty pounds. She can now repeat and remember everything you say. She is quite the little shadow most days. She really enjoys being outside and has found out that if she goes out after supper I tend to lose track of time and she gets to stay up later.
She loves to do sticker books and marker. However both tasks require me to pay attention so we don't have marker or stickers all over the house, she is getting better at getting more marker on the paper than on her. I got her a new sticker book the other day and she is really good and matching the stickers and putting them where they go.
Rachel goes to the Dr. with me for my bi weekly and soon weekly visits. Last Friday I found that she has been to enough with me. We get to the clinic and she plays until the nurse calls us back. As soon as we get through the door she looks at me and says mommy go potty. After a bathroom stop we go to the scale where she takes off her shoes stands there and says 30 pounds. Then when we get back to the room she climbs on the chair and waits for the nurse to leave. As soon as the door closes she looks at me and says, "Mommy lay down, pull up shirt, and Dr will be here." If I ask her what sound the baby makes she says the baby goes woosh, woosh.
We are getting closer to being potty trained. We now only wear a pull up to bed and when we go to town. Which is easier for me. I need to just stop putting her in pull ups and I think we would be done but they are just so handy while we are out and about.
Last weekend we started to put mulch around the house and Mike started working on the deck railing. Projects, projects, projects. I will post before and after pictures when we are done. It may be next spring but we are making progress.
Enjoy the rest of August and stay cool in this latest heat wave. Until next time. God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment