Tuesday we stayed home and Wednesday Mike took the girls to visit Grandma Priest while I went to the dentist. Then Mike and Rachel came home while Becca and I finished some Christmas shopping. Thursday I went back to the dentist. Grandma Priest watched Becca and Rachel got to see what the dentist was like. OK so it was just a consult for a root canal that I will have done next week, but she got a sucker and decided the dentist is a pretty good place.
I spent the evenings last week wrapping presents, and baking food for the weekend. On Friday we took my car to get the oil changed and tires rotated then came home to wait for Mike to finish work so we could head to Kearney.
We took Rachel to Kearney to ride to Grandma Julie's with Cindy. Becca and I did some shopping in Kearney with Melissa and then went to Alma to stay at Nick and Melissa's. Saturday morning we got up early and Becca and I drove to Stuart for Kohle Family Christmas. I found out when I got there that I left all the food I had made here in North Platte. Don't get me wrong we were not short on food but I was bummed that I made all the food and forgot it.
Sunday we went to Clearwater and watched Jaxson play basketball then we stayed in Norfolk with Deb and Derric as Sandi was late getting out of work and we did not want to have to wake anyone up in Omaha when we got there.
Monday we went to Omaha to be there for Sandi while she had some hardware removed from her knee. Everything went well with the surgery. Sandi just has a hard time waking up, so we spent a little more time at the hospital then I had planned. The girls both did really well. Rachel even pretended to be a Dr so that she could touch Sandi's IV after I told her not to.
Tuesday we came home and meet Grandma Wanda and Auntie J in town for lunch. Then it was home Becca's nap. After Mike got off work we went back to town to see Granddad and Uncle Aaron. They helped us pick up Mike's Christmas gift and then they headed for home.
Yesterday we went to town for story time at the library with Rachel's friends. Then lunch at Gracie Mae's. After lunch we came home and I enjoyed a nice long nap with the girls on the couch. I don't usually lay with the girls for naps but they were both so cuddly and warm. I decided to take a little time and enjoy the moment.
The rest of this week will be spent at home getting the rest of things done for Christmas. We are not sure yet who will be joining us for Christmas but we are planning to just enjoy the day at home. We got a little bit of snow. Maybe it will stay around so that we can have a white Christmas.
There that is why this post is a couple of days late. I will end with pictures and hope to get a Christmas letter on here and some Christmas photos by Monday. Have a great week and a Very Merry Christmas.
London couldn't wait to hold the baby.
The Kohle side great grand kids waiting to open presents.
Waiting for everyone to get a gift.
Finally time to open.
Necklace from Great Aunt Patsy
PJ's from Great Grandma Kohle. (Rachel did not want to have her picture taken)
Finally a picture of all the kids minus London.
Becca and Jaidyn practicing sitting.
Nap time in Becca's bed
Watching J play basketball.










No comments:
Post a Comment