Monday, February 6, 2012

"It's Winter Time!"

    What a week we had. Monday and Tuesday the girls and I stayed home and played. We painted and did sticker book most of the morning. Along with cleaning, and laundry. The afternoons were spent with naps and then playing outside. Becca loves to push herself backwards in her walker while Rachel rides her scooter on the driveway. We also played some fetch with Roger and went for a couple short walks.
    Wednesday was Library story hour. Then we went to the paint store and got paint samples for the house. After that we had lunch at Gracie Mae's. Then home for naps. After naps we did some photos outside for Valentine's Day Cards. I will post the finished card next week.
    Thursday was stayed home and prepared for the winter storm. We did go out and play a little but mostly we just played inside and watched a couple movies. When Rachel woke up Friday morning she looked outside and said, "Mommy it's winter time." Yes we finally got the snow Rachel has been waiting for. We got around 5 - 8". It is kind of hard to tell. There were some spot that barely had snow and some 3 ft drifts. So who really knows.
   Friday morning when Becca went down for her nap Rachel and I went out and played in the snow. Rachel was not really sure at first what to think. She didn't really like the cold wind blowing but then we got her scarf pulled up and she decided it really isn't to bad.  Mike came home early afternoon and pulled Rachel on the sled and helped her make a giant snowman. Friday night we tried to watch a movie but lost power and decided to just head to bed. We are luck to have a propane fireplace and I turned it on when I went to bed for heat. Rachel woke up around 1230 and the power came back on. I went out to turn off the fireplace and it was 86 degrees in the living room. I guess we will not have to worry about freezing if we ever loose power.
    Saturday morning we went to town with Mike and enjoyed the morning with Grandma Priest helping her celebrate her birthday. Aunt Rita was also there. Rachel called her Grandma's friend, and when we tried to explain that she was Grandma's daughter and Grandma Wanda's sister she just looked at us like we were crazy. Mike rounded at the hospital and then brought some lunch and cheesecake. After naps, Rachel and Mike played outside. Rachel was out for 1 1/2 hrs and I had to make her come in. She loved just walking around eating snow. She was so excited that you could just pick it up and eat it. I'm not sure how clean it was but she is not sick today so we will see. Roger loved to knock her down and then try to play with her. He did manage to get her boot off and then had to be tied up for a while so Rachel could play in peace. Roger also loves the snow and was running circles all day.  Saturday night we tried to watch Water for Elephants, but the Amazon Video Online was not working so we were unable to finish it.
    Sunday the girls and I attended church while Mike went to the hospital for a couple of cases and then we went out to lunch for Grandma Priest's birthday. Grandma Wanda came down late Saturday evening and Auntie J also joined us. It was a nice lunch and the girls were both tired and slept all the way home. Last night Wanda came out and watched the Super Bowl with us.
   Becca got to add another food to her diet this week. We added squash. She doesn't mind it. She usually eats most of the serving. She is having some bowel problems so I have not been giving her as much cereal and food the last couple of days. We will see how she feels today. She has really gotten vocal the last week and really squeals if Rachel is out of site in hopes of bringing her back into the room. She also drools like a champ. She can soak 4 to 5 bibs a day. I would say she is getting teeth but I think she just likes to chew. She does not like her binkies and tries to suck her fingers. I try to keep my eye on her but sometimes she still gets them snuck in.


 Our Silly, Smiley Girls!
 It was kind of bright outside.
Love the outdoors.
 Not really sure.
Roger loved it.
Becca and Roger playing in the garage.
Roger!
Rachel's snow angel.
Becca holding her own bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment