Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No Pictures

   What a week we had. Monday and Tuesday we stayed home and did house work and played as I found out on Sunday the my great uncle had passed away and we would be heading to Atkinson on Wednesday.
    Wednesday the girls and I loaded up and headed for Atkinson. They both traveled really well. Rebecca slept and Rachel watched Lion King and Shrek. Roger also slept the majority of the ride. When we got to town we went to Mom's shop and visited until Sandi got there. We then went out to Mom and Dad's and dropped Roger off and changed clothes before the prayer service. Rachel played with Ansley and Kinley at Clay's mom's while we took Becca with us.
    Thursday Rachel was so excited to go to school with Ansley. She was a little disappointed that she did not get to ride a school bus but really enjoyed playing with new friends. She told me two stories about school. "Mom the Teacher said that it is OK to can't like the Jello." and "I was waking up my friends so the Teacher rocked me with a brown blanket." After the funeral dinner we went to Thirsty Thursday with Grandpa then we stopped and picked up Kinley and Rachel. When we got to Mom and Dad's I was letting Roger off his leash and Rachel was not watching and Roger knocked her over and she smacked her face on the sidewalk. After the bloody nose stopped Rachel ended up with what looked like a broken nose and a few scrapes. She is better now with just a scab on her nose and "That darn Roger" is still her favorite dog.
    Friday the girls and I went to visit Grandma Tielke. Rachel loves going to see what kind of treasure Grandma will have for her. This time it was treats and colored paper. Thank you Grandma and we promise to find a day with more time to spend with you.
   Saturday we packed up again and headed to the ranch. Mike was able to meet us there and he even got to help Aaron with some drywall work in their basement. We went to see Great Grandma Kitty on Saturday and even got to try out the new soft serve ice cream machine. Now with popcorn and ice cream I'm not sure Rachel will ever want to leave. Sunday Mike and I came back to North Platte but left the girls to stay a couple days as we are painting the inside of our house this week.
   I will try to take pictures when I get everything put back together. The girls are now in the same room. I am hoping that it will be a good thing but I guess only time will tell. That is all for this week. Until next week stay warm and let the Easter Season begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment