After last night last week was pretty uneventful. Tuesday we stayed home in the morning and cleaned out the flower bed. After lunch and naps we went to town and meet Granddad to do some grocery shopping while Grandma Wanda was at the dentist. After some shopping we came back out her for a little while before they went home.
Wednesday the girls and I cleaned the garage. I am trying to get some things done for Rachel's birthday party, the garage was first on the list. After cleaning we played outside. Rachel loves her sandbox and spent most evening last week playing until dark.
Thursday I had a meeting in town so we went to the museum before the meeting and then got to enjoy Gracie Mae's during. So our usually Wednesday date was on Thursday this week. The LCMA meeting was full of changes and election new officers. I am now the secretary of LCMA for one year. We will see how it goes.They wanted me to be president or co-president. I'm just not ready for that much responsibility just yet. Maybe next year.
Friday was laundry day. Then Saturday the girls and I traveled to Kearney for Nathan's basketball tournament and shopping. The girls got to enjoy some time with Cindy and Kent while I shopped then we met up with Wanda, Aaron, Sean, Ashlyn, and Melissa to watch Nathan. His team lost but it was a good game. After the game Becca and I went to Target while Rachel joined the rest of the family at Old Chicago. Mike was on call so he was unable to attend. Wanda and Aaron and the kids then came over to spend the night with us.
Sunday was just another day. Got up and had breakfast. Wanda and Aaron left. Mike went to the hospital, and the girls and I went to church. Came home for steaks for lunch. Rachel, Becca, and I all napped. After nap we went to town so Mike could check on a patient and we got ice cream. We then drove around for a while before coming home for popcorn and a movie. I put Becca down around 8 and started working on the computer. Mike and Rachel went downstairs to watch a movie. I checked on the weather to see what this week looked like and saw we were in a thunderstorm warning. They called for 50 mph winds and hail. The wind blew 50 mph or greater all day so I didn't really think about it. The lights started to flicker around 8:45 so I took the flashlight to Mike and continued to so some book work on the computer. Mike brought Rachel up at 9 for bed. As I laid her down she told me she was scared of the thunder and the loud noise. I told her it was just the rain and I was watering our plants outside so the pretty flowers would come up. She wanted me to lay with her and I told her I would in a little bit.
At this time I decided to check the weather to see how long the hail was supposed to last. As I clicked on weather.com there was a red box that stated a tornado had been spotted in the area. I went down and told Mike that there was a tornado spotted and we should probably bring the girls downstairs. I came back up and told Rachel to take her blankies and go down to dad. I picked up Becca and Mike got her little bed. We put the girls in the storage room on an air mattress and I was checking the weather again on my phone when Mike yelled at me to come out to the back door fast. As I got to the door we could see just north and a little west of us the picture shown above. I videoed some on my phone and a friend made a picture out of it. Thank you Josh Creamer!!!!
The girls and I spent the night in the basement bedroom while Mike went to the hospital. He had to take back roads as the power lines where down over Walker road. He made it safely in and was back home around 12:30.
Here is to a better week and getting the storage room ready for the stormy Nebraska summers. Welcome back to us. Good thing Mike and I both like storm and Rachel thinks sleeping in the basement is a treat!
Some of the things the girls love to do at the Museum.
Rachel loves the train table.
Becca standing and enjoying the train table as well.
Becca playing in the infant area. They have toys in here just for non walkers!
Ashlyn was reading books to Becca.
Playing with cousin Ash. We are so luck to be close enough to see them often.







No comments:
Post a Comment