Monday, March 5, 2012

March Lion or Lamb?

    I'm not really sure what to say about the beginning of March. I would probably say it came in like a lamb since it was sunny on Thursday.  However, with the way this winter has been it was not the most beautiful day that we have had so I guess we will just have to wait and see what the end of March brings.
   What a busy week. I was trying to recall all the things we did last week and I can not even remember. I think I am going to have to start a journal for my weekly journal so I don't leave anything out. Most of the things that kept us busy this week were appointment so I was able to look back on my phone and see what all we did. So here it goes.
  Monday we had to take the Suburban in to get the door looked at. There is an air leak on the driver door, and with all the wind some trips are rather noisy. Rachel and I enjoyed coloring while they worked on the Sub and Becca played with her toys. After they fixed the door we came home for lunch and naps. Tuesday we stayed home and cleaned. Tuesday evening Rachel and I went to an information night for Pre-School. Rachel was so excited and even got to go to her class room and meet her teacher. August can not get her soon enough for Rachel. Mike was in surgery so Becca went to Grandma Priest to play until he got done.
   Wednesday was play day at the library and then they were featuring Dr. Johng's country at the hospital so the girls and I went in and sampled a South Korean meal for lunch. Rachel enjoyed the beef and rice and I tried a little bit of everything. The main course was really really spicy so I did not eat much of it. Overall the food was really good. Mike was caught in surgery again and was unable to meet us for lunch. Welcome to my world. Rachel was a little sad that her dad was not able to join her for lunch but I guess the sooner she learns not to plan on him being places the better. It really does make the days that we are together that much better and more special. Wanda brought Sean down for a dentist appointment Wednesday afternoon. Rachel played at the dentist office while Sean got his teeth filled and then we all went to Grandma Priest so the kids could play while Wanda did a little shopping.
   Thursday I had and LCMA meeting in town. Rachel loves playing at Gracie Mae's while we have our meetings and Becca enjoys all the attention from the ladies. After the meeting we came home for naps. Pat and Aaron were in town on Thursday after a cow sale so we met them in town for drinks and dinner.
   Friday we stayed home. Mike was home early in the afternoon and he and Rachel worked in the shop.  I am still trying to get the house back in order since the paint went on the walls. Some days I feel like I am stuck in one place just spinning my wheels. I guess that is the life of a mother of an almost 3 year old and a 5 month old. I had book club Friday night and Mike got to enjoy the evening with the girls.
   Saturday was more house work and then Sunday was church. Aaron, Liza, Sean, and Ashlyn came to town to do some shopping so Mike and Rachel joined them while Becca and I went to church. Then we all met up for lunch before they headed back to Mullen. This week does not look like it will be as busy. It is supposed to be 65 today and in the 70s tomorrow so I think we will plan on going into town to the park tomorrow. I hope everyone gets to enjoy the weather.
 All clean and ready for bed.
Excited for popcorn after bath. 
 First time riding in Daddy's car.
 Becca chatting it up. Using the hands and everything.
  I'm really not sure who was more excited. Rachel actually getting into daddy's car that she is not allowed to touch, or Mike actually getting to take his little girl for a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment