Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

   Another busy week with traveling and watching additional kiddos. Last week we traveled to Gibbon to spend the day with Tanner and Jaidyn.
   Monday we stayed home. I did laundry and the girls played and tried to drive me crazy. OK maybe they don't try, that is just what it feels like some days.
  Tuesday we stayed home during the day and did some more house work and some yard work. Having a yard 5 times as big as the one in Columbia means 5 times the work. I do love it but it seems like every time I look out I see something else that needs to be attended to. Tuesday night we traveled to Gibbon for dinner and an evening with Katie, Matt and kids. Katie's daycare was closed on Wednesday so the girls and I went over to watch the kids on Wednesday.
   Wednesday was a really good day. The babies loved to play together, although I think I changed a diaper every hour they were both really good and entertaining. Rachel and Tanner played, well like 3 year old's play. The had some fighting but overall they did really well. The girls and I came home Wednesday night and pulled the trailer home with a new dog kennel for Roger. Mike finally got some time to put it together last night and it all looks really good. Roger has not stayed in it yet as he has been staying home now so we will only use it if we are going to be gone all day and he can't go with us.
   Thursday we went to town for some errands and then attended Holy Thursday mass with the Troshynski's. Rebecca did not have school on Friday so Lisa brought her out to watch the girls while I worked on some projects around the house. I got the office half painted and all the ironing done. I can't wait until school is out and she can come help me more. Rachel is still a little confused about her name. For most of the morning she called her Samuel, which is her brother. Then she started calling her Big Becca. I tried to get her to call her Rebecca since we call our Rebecca, Becca but she didn't really understand the difference.
   Saturday after Mike went to the hospital for rounds we left for Stuart. We stopped at Grandma Kohle's for some food before the village of Stuart Easter Egg Hunt. Rachel really enjoyed finding eggs. After the park hunt we went back to grandma's for some Bingo and another egg hunt before we went to mom and dad's. At mom and dad's we did another egg hunt and the Easter Bunny even brought all the kids a basket. The kids had a blast hunting eggs and after a very nice prime rib dinner Sandi took all the kids downstairs for a big bubble bath.
  We stayed with Sandi and didn't get to her house until 1:30am. After realizing we didn't have any keys to get in we had to go and get a key from Tera and Taylor. We finally got in around 2am. Becca woke up and would not sleep without waking up to scream every hour. Needless to say it was a short night. We all got up on Sunday and went to Stuart for church. After church we ate lunch and then the kids had another egg hunt. Then everyone was involved for a puzzle egg hunt. There were 7 teams and each team had to find 11 eggs at 3 different locations. My team got 3rd and Mike's team lost as they never did find there 11th egg. Maybe next year!
   The girls and Mike all slept most of the way home. After popcorn for dinner everyone was ready for bed, or so I thought.  I gave Becca a bath and noticed that her left ear was sore. I gave her some medicine and off to bed. Well not for long. Another night of screaming every hour and Monday morning we were off to the Dr. Becca has a ruptured eardrum and is now on antibiotics for the 2nd time in a month. Today is a much better day as she slept from midnight till 4.
  Now I am trying to get all the things done on my list as it is Birthday week for Rachel. Until next week. Happy Birthday Rachel Kathryn I can't believe you are going to be 3!
 Daddy, Rachel, and Roger flying a kite.
 Rachel got a kite from the Easter Bunny.
 Dylan helped Becca with her first taste of candy.
 Great Grandma and Grandpa with the girls.
 Scrub-a-dub-dub 5 cousins in the tub.
 All the Grandkids after the Easter egg hunt at mom and dads.
 Rachel and Becca with there gifts from Grandma's Easter bunny.
 Reach
 Rach found another one.
 Becca and mommy taking pictures.
 More eggs!
 Waiting to go.
 Bingo with Great Aunt Cindy.
 Kohle Great Grand kids minus the 3 babies. Becca, Jaidyn, and Karlee.
 The preschool group at the Stuart park.
Rachel's first Easter Egg of the season.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment