Thursday, September 13, 2012

Crazy Busy!

   Okay so I don't even think Crazy Busy is enough to describe the last week. I should really say the month of September has been crazy. I can not believe that Becca will be 1 in 10 days. REALLY where does the time go??? I can't even imagine the time going any faster. There are certain days that could go faster. Today was one of those days. The time between Rachel getting out of school and bed time was way to long tonight.
   So what have we been doing? Rachel is really enjoying school on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. She is now eating snack and likes chocolate milk better than the white milk. (Today however she did spill her milk. Me, "Rachel how did you spill your milk?" Rachel, "I got my belly to close to the table and then bam I knocked the milk down with my arm." Me, "Did you help clean it up?" Rachel, "No, the teacher did it. It was only and accident and I only spilled all of it."
   Oh the conversations I have with her. I love it. I could write pages on our conversation but I will save some for next time. She really doesn't tell me much about school but she just can't help but to sing so I get to hear all her new songs at some point during our day. We were also going to a Preschool Co-op on Wednesdays. Due to being Secretary of the LCMA and missing story time at the library and another play group I have decided not to do the Wednesday morning preschool. Rachel was not really getting much out of it and I was confusing her why I went to Preschool with her on Wednesday's but she had to go by herself on Tuesday and Thursdays. Today drop off was a little hard as she really wanted to go with Becca and I instead of stay at school.
   Becca is getting big and almost one year old. She knows a lot more than I give her credit for. The one thing that she does best is get her sister in trouble. She is a squealer and she loves to use it to her advantage when Rachel has something she wants or if she wants attention. Today the girls were playing in their room. I peeked my head around the corner to watch and Becca would scream every time Rachel was not paying attention to her. She loves to chase Rachel around and to get on Rachel's bed. Rachel can now help Becca on the bed and tonight she even had a happy plate at the dinner table. Thanks to Becca eating all her green beans and the last couple pretzels Rachel decided that she didn't want!
   As most of you know Mike and I went to Breckenridge last weekend while the girls spent some time on Friday with Grandma Wanda and then Rachel went to Aaron and Liza's while Becca stayed over at Grandma's. It is really great to have family close and Rachel loves to stay at Ash's house. Becca really wanted to spend quality time with Grandma and Grandad as she decided to scream most of Saturday night! 
   Mike and I got into Breckenridge around 7 Friday night and went out to a nice dinner and then went to the condo and sat in the hot tub for a while. Then it was off to bed as we had to be in town at 6:30 am to get on the van to take us to the hot air balloon launch site. Saturday we had about an hour ride to the launch site. We had a really great driver who told us a lot about the area and the mountains. When we got to the launch site we were in the middle of a big open field surrounded by the mountains. We got to watch them inflate the balloon and when it was all up we joined 10 other people and the pilot inside the balloon for our hour flight. It was a very calm day and after 1 hour in the air we were about 2.5 miles from where we started. It was amazing to see all the sites but really not what I originally thought it would be. We also did not see any other balloons which was a little disappointing. After our flight we had mimosa's and breakfast at the launch site.
   Saturday afternoon we rode the gondola up the mountain and watched some football and had a few beverages at the mountain top bar. We then went back down the mountain and into town to have some food and watch more football. The Nebraska game was a disappointment and we left with about 2 minutes to go and went home to bed. Sunday we got up and went to Denver. We did a little shopping and then meet Mike's Aunt Sherri and Uncle Larry for lunch, then it was the flip and coin as see who had to drive home kind of trip. Mike drove first, but I kept him awake and then drove the rest of the way. Wanda brought the girls home and Phyllis came out with her and enjoyed our pictures and some snacks.
    This week was more school and running around. We will be in Mullen again this weekend to help ship and for a wedding reception.We are also going to try to celebrate Becca's birthday. Hope you all have a great weekend and I hope Nebraska shows up to play this week. Go Big Red!


No comments:

Post a Comment