What a whirl wind these past two weeks have been. We started school last week and we are also going to join a Preschool Co-op on Wednesday mornings. We are looking forward to being busy again but I'm still trying to get everything in order.
Rachel loves Preschool. Her favorite part is the computer and books. She did not like her snack on the first day. It was a sticky bar and she did not like it. I asked her if she tried any and she said, "No mom it was sticky!" She also does not like while school milk. We talked about it after school on Tuesday and she said she would try her snack on Thursday. When Becca and I picked her up on Thursday the first thing she said was, "Mom I tried my snack today. It was yummy animal crackers, there was no frosting. I did not try my milk it is still yucky." She is going to try chocolate milk this week and maybe she will like it.
She really does not say much about what goes on at Preschool but she usually wants to color when we get home and when she doesn't think I am paying attention she will sing songs or tell stories that she learned in school. She really likes to tell Becca about her day.
Becca is also getting big and learning new things. She can now say Roger and loves to yell for her Daddy. Her favorite song is Old McDonald and she will even say e-i-e-i-o sometimes when I sing it to her. The only way I can get her to hold still during diaper change is to sing Old McDonald or Pat-a-cake. Becca loves to chase Rachel around the house and always has to know where she is. She really has not had a chance to miss Rachel while she is at school due to the fast that she is usually asleep most of the time.
The holiday weekend was not to busy here. We had Sam Troshynski come out and play on Friday. After supper at Dave's Place the kids and I went putt-putt golfing at Cody GoCarts while Mike went back to work. Then Rebekah came out and played with the girls on Saturday. We watched the Husker's and then Mike had to go in and work again after the game. Sunday we went to church then the neighbor Dewey Schaffer had a little get together and kids rodeo. It was fun to see some of the girls I went to high school with and to watch Rachel in her first rodeo. She did the barrels on a stick horse. She was not the fasted but her horse galloped the whole time. She would not just run she had to make her horse skip the whole course. I am still trying to download the video. She also did the boot race and the bubble gum race. She had a great time and it was fun to watch all the kids.
Becca enjoyed being outside and watching all the horses and kids as well. I don't think we are ready for a horse and rodeo's yet but it was good to get Rachel in something. Rachel also got a ride on the neighbors horse. Payton was kind enough to lead her, the only complaint was that she did not get to run on the horse. Just walk!
Now for the pictures! Hope everyone has a great week. We will be busy again here and I would just like to have you keep my family in your prayers this week. We lost my mom's cousin (Lisa Troshynski's brother) to cancer last night. I am not going to be able to attend the services due to the fact that they are in KC on Friday and we have a family trip to Colorado this weekend. I will be thinking of them all week and I can't wait to give Lisa a big hug when she gets back to town.
Becca holding Brooklyn
"What did you say Grandma Julie?"
This is what I get when I say smile
Getting so big
Husker Girls
Finally a Picture with both of them smiling
Mike just got this tractor. He could not wait to get on it.
I put the wrong date on the last 3 pictures. Should have been 9-2-12 but who will care in a couple years!

No comments:
Post a Comment