Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Life Is Good

    Life is good and we have pictures to prove it. What a busy couple of weeks we have had. I ran out of pages on my calendar and I keep forgetting to get another one so I don't have a day by day for you but just a recap of the last couple of weeks.
  Rachel is busy with school, they started to learn numbers the last couple of weeks and I attended parent teacher's conferences while Mike was in Vegas. Mrs. Cox said that Rachel is very smart and is doing really well. She likes to be the first done with her work so she doesn't always take the time to make it pretty, but she know the right answers and does the correct work. We are working on talking nice to everyone all the time, as she doesn't always use the correct tone when upset.
   Becca has been getting up early and kind of grumpy in the mornings due to it. She usually wakes up around 1 am and I either have to lay with her or she sleeps in our bed for a couple hours. I then take her back to bed and she is usually back up by 5 or 5:30. Not sure when that girl will sleep or if she ever will. Her dad doesn't sleep much. Becca loves to be outside and has been in the sand box a lot the last couple of nice days. She was so mad when it snowed because the snow covered up all her sand. She did like being pulled on the sled but the rest of the snow stuff was a little much for her.
   Alec is 8 months old today. He is such a happy boy and loves to play and watch the girls. He sleeps most night until around 5 and has a bottle and then back to sleep until 7. He just figured out today that he can push himself backwards while on his belly. He thinks that is pretty cool and the girls better watch out. 
   Mike has been busy with work and really enjoyed his time in Vegas. He had a class on Thursday and Friday and then I flew out on Friday and we got to spend Friday night and Saturday going to shows and nice dinners. 
   I have been busy running the kids around. We have been to the museum, park, daytime/playtime at the rec center, and have been over play at some of the other kids houses the last couple weeks. I am still enjoying Jazzercise a couple days a week and even got up and went at 5:30 the morning I went to Vegas. I really like the 5:30 class I just need to get myself out of bed in time to make it more often. The highlight of my last 2 weeks other than Vegas, was on Saturday when we all ran a 5K together. One of my goals for this year is to run in as many of the 5K's as we can. It was so much fun taking the kids out and exercising together. Mike pushed Becca, while I pushed Rachel and Alec when Rachel was not running. Rachel did really well for her first race.
   The kids all had a great time with Grandma Julie, Aunt Nicky, and Aunt Sandi while Mike and I were in Vegas. Becca now refers to every farmer in books or toys as Grandpa Bill. We also got to see Grandma Wanda, Grandma Priest, Auntie J, and Aunt Rita last Tuesday. 


Playing in the snow with the girls.

Sledding is not complete without hot cocoa

Our little piggy!

So sleepy

Alec loves his fridge magnets.

The kids after baths on Valentine's Day

They love their bother.






First night in Vegas
Rachel and Becca playing Chess
Happy Valentine's Day
Alec playing while we cleaned the garage on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment