We got another touch of spring over the weekend and took full advantage of it! The kids are at such fun ages we are really going to enjoy this summer. Hopefully Alec will start to walk so that he can be a little more mobile while we are out. Another great thing that I have this week is my trusty calendar from Cindy and Kent, now I can once again keep better track of our daily activities! Thank you Kent for grabbing the calendars for us last weekend.
Monday was a cold and windy day so the kids and I just stayed home other than running Rachel to and from school. Tuesday I was all set to go to Jazzercise when Alec woke up with a fever. It broke with Tylenol so off to Walmart we went after taking Rachel to school. We then stopped by Gracie Mae's for some April Fools treats and dropped off some "chicken nuggets and nachos" at the office. Alec still had a fever on Wednesday so we stayed home and did laundry.
Thursday Alec was feeling a little better and both he and Becca took long naps so I got the office finally cleaned and most of my papers filed. It was a snowy and rainy day so we played inside. Friday finally warmed up so while Alec napped in the afternoon the girls and I went out and cleaned out flower bed and trimmed trees. Mike was on call Friday through Sunday and Cyline came out to play Friday night so we all got on our Pajama's and had a pajama party complete with popcorn, candy and Frozen the movie.
Saturday we had lunch at Margie's and then Mike, I and the girls enjoyed a quick 9 holes of golf while Alec went to play with Gwen and Cyline. The girls need a little work on the golf course but it was so nice to spend some family time together and it felt really good to be back on the course after a 3 1/2 year hiatus. After golf we took Rebekah out for ice cream for her birthday and then stopped over at the neighbor for a quick horse ride before coming home for supper.
Sunday we went to church and then stopped at Gracie Mae's for lunch. After a quick stop at Menard's we came home and took naps. I worked on designing my flower bed and Mike got some mowing done outside before he had to head back into the hospital.
Saturday marked 1 year since Grandpa went to heaven. I remember writing last year that I hoped to make some changes in the year. One of them was listening more as Grandpa was a great listener. I still have some work to do, but I have worked really hard at listening better and have found that I am not that great at it. I will keep practicing and hopefully next year I can report that I have improved even more. Grandpa we still miss you every day but we are so thankful for you watching over us!
 |
| Princess Rachel |
 |
| Becca and Cyline's silly faces |
 |
| Prince Alec playing during our Pajama Party |
 |
| Sunrise Mike captured on my Phone |
 |
| April Fool's Food from Gracie Mae's {it is all made of cookies, cakes, and frosting} |
No comments:
Post a Comment