Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Not The Baby

   Alexander Kohle is no longer a baby. He is a toddler. Where did the time go? We will start off with a quick one year update. Alec weighted in on Tuesday at 25.8 lbs, is 31 inches long, and has a head circumference of 18.75 inches; big Boy! This puts him at greater than 97% in all categories. He is one happy healthy little/big toddler. He loves to give kisses and wave bye bye. He is not walking yet but I have caught him standing without holding on a couple times. I think walking is coming. He loves to push the kitchen chairs and our end tables around the house. He can say Roger, Rachel, Momma, Dada, and tries to imitate other sounds. He has many nicknames: Chuncko, Fat Butt, Hercules, Hiccup are just a few. I go back and forth between Bubba and Bubby.
    Last week was busy, we enjoyed having Ansley come as stay but I will say three girls is a crowd. Next time we will have to trade a girl or get 2. Monday we went swimming in Sutherland and then Mike took Rachel to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 while Becca, Alec and I went and met Nicky and Clay in Lexington to pick up Ansley. Monday night we watched a movie with the girls. Tuesday we got up and while I took Alec to the Dr the girls went and played at Lisa's. Ansley was excited to see Lisa and Rebekah again. After the Dr we went to Walgreen to get Ansley a new toothbrush that moves {her mom would never buy her one} and the girls picked out a couple gifts for Alec for his birthday. They got him a Mickey Mouse doll and some Mickey Mouse blocks. We then went swimming at the country club with all the kids and ladies. It was quite the mess as I had crabby kids and it was nap time for Alec. We came home for naps and the kids all played outside some. I mowed while Alec and Becca napped but had the neighbor boy Payne come finish as it had to be done and Mike and I did not have time.
   Wednesday we got up and let Alec open his gifts. Mike headed to Chicago and the kids and I loaded up and headed to Mom and Dad's. We stopped and saw Mom at the shop before heading to O'Neill to see Sandi. We then attended Tanner's T-ball game and finished out the night with a birthday supper at Tia Zia's complete with a cupcake for Alec. He loved it.
    Thursday we got up and went back to O'Neill to have lunch with Grandma Tielke and Merri at Sandi's. We then headed to Stuart to spend the afternoon with Grandma Kohle. Rachel stayed at the shop and helped Grandma Julie finish some work. After some Pizza for supper we went to Bassett and watched Jaxson play baseball and Clay coach. They won their game and we all stopped to play at Grandma Kohle's for a little while after the game before heading to mom and dad's.
   Friday we got up and headed to Kearney. Cindy had to work so the kids and I walked around Harmon Park when we got to town. The girls enjoyed the lighthouse/castle but it was hot so we didn't stay long and I can only carry Alec for so long! When Cindy got off work we took the kids to the Big Apple. Rachel had a blast but Becca was scared of the sounds that the guns made so she spent some of the time with me. She did enjoy playing the games so overall she had a good night. The kids were tired from the week so we headed back to Cindy's for some supper and Cake. The girls were so excited to surprise and sing me happy birthday. Cindy and Kent then put the kids to bed while I went out for supper with Pat and Wanda. They were in town for a funeral for Wanda's cousin Darlene. I stopped in a grabbed a couple things at Target then headed back to Cindy's.
   Saturday we got up and did some shopping before heading to Alma. We got I Alma in time for naps and helped Melissa with some food prep. Aaron, Liza, Mike, Ashlyn, and Sean arrived that afternoon and the kids all played until it was time for presents, supper, and cake and ice cream. Sunday we got up and Mike and I sponsored Kelcee at baptism. After lunch we headed home. The kids all slept and it was so nice to be home.

The Birthday Boy! 1Year

The girls and Ansley helping open his presents.

Cool Kid in Jaxson's sunglasses.

So Happy

Loving the cake.

Playing with Baby Kelcee

The Birthday Boys.


Ashlyn Helping open gifts.

Becca also got to help.

Rachel posing for another picture.

Happy Birthday To You!

Becca had to make sure Kelcee was okay.

Godparents and Godchild.

Love that goofy grin.

The Simonson's minus Nathan. Not the best but this is what we got.

No comments:

Post a Comment