Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Nebraskaland Days

   Nebraskaland Day's was the theme of the week. It is North Platte's yearly celebration. We were gone last weekend for the parade so we missed that this year but we did get to go out and attend some of the other events. 
    Monday I had to go to the dentist to get my tooth fixed. The implant that I have just sits into a socket and if I bite on something wrong it will make it come loose. The good news is that they just had to tap it back in, the bad news is that it may happen again. I can push it back in on my own so that is at least good to know. Mike stayed home with the kids while I was at the dentist. Sam then had his last baseball game of the year so the kids and I went in and watched it and enjoyed ice cream with Sam, Lisa, and John after the game was over. Tuesday was just stayed home and got some laundry and cleaning done. 
   Wednesday we were home all day and then that evening Mike and I took the girls to the Wild West Show. Alec got to spend the evening with Gwen and Cyline. I think they spoiled him a little as he was still up that night after the show at 10:30. The girls had fun at the carnival and enjoyed the Wild West Show. It got a little bit late for Becca and she had a hard time sitting still.
    Thursday we did some work outside, then Rebekah came out and watched the kids while Mike and I went to the Microfest. Mike was on call so we only stayed for a little while and then went out to the Country Club for supper. It was a nice kid free evening. Friday Rebekah came out and played with the kids while I mowed, trimmed and worked in the yard. Mike and I were going to go in to the Lady A concert but there were lots of storms in the area and before I could take Rebekah to town and get back home we lost power and the neighbors lost a couple trees and had reports of 90 mph winds.
    Saturday morning the kids and I drove to Arthur to pick up our beef that was done. Mike had to work some that morning. After naps we went to Cody Go carts. Mike and the girls enjoyed the go carts and bumper boasts while Alec and I watched. We then picked up food and Rebekah so she could come out again to watch the kids while Mike and I went to the Tyler Farr and Billy Currington concert. It was a nice night with great friends. Rebekah stayed overnight and went to church with me while Mike went to the hospital to round. Wanda came stayed over at Grandma Priest's Saturday night and came out to see us before church. After church we meet up with Sherri, Larry, Auntie J, Grandma Priest and Wanda for lunch at Bailey's for Grandma Wanda's birthday. After lunch Mike, Wanda, and Rachel went to Menards while I brought Becca and Alec home for a nap. Sherri and Larry stopped out for a little while on their way back to Denver and Wanda came out for a little while before heading back home. Mike had to go back into the hospital so the girls and I made a water slide and Alec enjoyed playing with the water table and playing/eating the sand in the sandbox.






Alec loves to make faces on the doors to my office.
The girls on their first Carnival ride.
Becca and I on the Ferris Wheel
Mike and the girls getting ready for the bumper boats at Cody Go-Carts.
Tyler Farr
The girls at the concert
Billy Currington
Alec in the sand. He may or may not be eating it!
Becca loves her play house
Rachel enjoying the rainbow from the hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment