Monday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. Alec always cries when I put him down or hand him off to the babysitter at Jazzercise but by the time I get around the corner is off playing. Little turkeys why do they have to do this? After Jazzercise we went to Walmart, another task that would be easier if Alec would just sit in the cart, but carrying him is fun also, right! After Walmart we came home and the kids napped before heading to school to pick up Rachel. Monday evening I fried fish outside on the grill. Why have I never thought of this? It was amazing, we had great fried food, I didn't have the smell in my house, and I didn't have grease all over the kitchen. I think I see fried chicken in the near future.
Tuesday Mike took Rachel to school so we stayed home and I got all the laundry done. Okay I got all the laundry done for about 5 seconds before Becca peed her pants, and Alec had a diaper explode up his back! I did manage to get some of my tomatoes in the garden during nap time and enjoyed playing play doh with Rachel after school. Wednesday we came home and put up Fall decorations. I had to move 2 shelves, do some dry wall work, and paint before we could decorate but I did get it all done and just in time for the cooler weather to make it really feel like fall.
Thursday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. After class we stopped by to see Lisa for a while and then grabbed some lunch before coming home to nap and clean. The high on Thursday was around 55 so I decided it was finally cool enough for some chili for supper. It was so good on the cool/cold night. Friday Mike took Rachel to school and we stayed in where it was warm and enjoyed some playing before heading to town to have lunch with Michelle and Maelissa a new lady that just moved to town. Friday night the girls and I watched Matilda while Mike was on call and worked late.
Saturday we had a lazy day. We all {okay, Mike had to go to work, but} stayed in our pajamas all day and watched movies. It was so much fun. Rebekah came out Saturday night to watch the kids while Mike and I joined some friends at the new sports bar in town to watch the late Husker game.
Sunday we got up and went to church. We then joined Auntie J, Grandma Priest, and a couple of Mike's cousins for lunch at Whiskey Creek. After lunch we meet up with Wanda, Aaron, Sean and Ashlyn for some ice cream at Runza before heading to Brady to watch Sean play football. We got home just before bed time, did some flash cards with Rachel and read her books and off to bed. Mike got called in to do a case and didn't get home until 3 am, but overall a great weekend.
Just a couple updates on the kids. Rachel is really enjoying Kindergarten; she had started the AR reading program and took her first test. She got a 100% and was very proud. She really like school and it looks like she is doing very well when we look at her papers on Friday's when she brings them home.
Becca is growing so much and learning new things all the time. She is really interested in writing and learning letter right now. It may be all the practicing we are doing with Rachel but she loves to do homework almost all day. My favorite saying of hers right now is, "I am winning you! Oh man Lisa winned us!" All day long she replaces beating with winning and it sounds so cute.
Alec is still not really walking. He will take a couple steps here and there but prefers to crawl and is really fast. He talks all the time but most the time no one has any clue what he is saying. My favorite word combination of his right now is, "OH Toodles" off Mickey Mouse. He says it whenever he sees Mickey and it just makes me smile.


No comments:
Post a Comment