What do you get when you are related to the cheer coach at one school and a daughter that is in kindergarten at the rival school? A confused but very happy 5 year old! Let me tell the whole story; we were gone this year for cheer camp at Hershey so I decided to have the girls cheer with St. Pat's this year again. Two reasons were Rachel loves cheer camp and cheering with the big girls and Becca was able to go this year. Thank you Lisa for inviting Becca she loved being a big girl like Rachel.
Monday after taking Rachel to school we went to Jazzercise and then Walmart. I have learned that Walmart is easier to navigate with food for Alec and Becca, so now the first thing we do is grab a snack and then I get more shopping done without carrying Alec through the store and pulling the cart. After Walmart we came home for naps and picked up Rachel. That evening we just enjoyed playing and reading Rachel's books. Tuesday Becca woke up complaining of a really sore throat so after taking Rachel to school we went to see Dr. Shawn. He did not test Becca but looked at her and determined that she probably had strep so off to the pharmacy we went. These two events made me realize how nice it is to be in a small town with a medical and professional family that we love. We were in and out of Dr. Shawn's office in a little under 20 minutes, that included waiting in the waiting room, then at the pharmacy one of the owner's that we are good friends with came over and told me that he saw Becca's order come in and since Augmentin is such a horrible tasting medicine he doubled the concentration so she only has to take half as much each time! I love that they all care so much about our kids that they are willing to change things to make it easier on me and the kids. Thank you Dr. Shawn and Travis for all you do and will do for our family in the future. After that we came home for naps and then we played outside after school. Rachel wanted to play some of the game that she has learned at school. We quickly found out that Becca does not understand Kindergarten games but we can play anyways. For example: We played What Time is it? One person is the clock and the other 2 people try to get from one side of the yard to the other. You say clock what time is it? The clock answer's 2 o'clock and that is how many steps you take. The when the clock says it's midnight everyone takes off running to the other side and the clock or the person sitting with the clock tries to catch as many people as they can. Becca wanted to be the clock, when we said Becca what time is it her response was Tuesday, or 6 o'clock, or Saturday, and then she would say Tuesday again and start chasing us. Needless to say Rachel and I got a good laugh and Becca thought she was playing the game just like we were.
Wednesday we came home after taking Rachel to school as I didn't want Becca with the other kids at Jazzercise just yet. After school we all went to town and got Rachel her flu mist, and Alec a couple shots and his flu shot. After the shot clinic we grab a quick bite of food for Rachel then she was off to CCD while Becca, Alec, and I met Mike at the Pop Corner for supper before he headed home with the little ones and I picked up Rachel and came home for bedtime. Thursday we took Rachel to school came home and started laundry and then Becca, Alec and I made cookies. I sometime forget that Becca is old enough to help me in the kitchen like Rachel does. Becca as so excited to crack the eggs and lick the bowl all by herself! After school we enjoyed a night at home. Time goes fast after school with practicing Rachel's cite words, reading her AR book, supper and baths.
Friday after taking Rachel to school we went to Jazzercise and then took Roger to the vet to get his shots. We picked up some lunch and came home for naps. After school we came home and changed Rachel's clothes then headed to town for cheer camp. Camp was from 3:30-6, it was a little long for Becca. When I got there at 5:30 she was tired and just wanted to sit on my lap. Pat and Wanda came to town so we did some shopping with them and then after I picked up the girls we met them at the Canteen for supper. Mike decided he didn't want to try to go to the game and take call so Pat, Wanda, Mike, and Alec came home while the girls and I went to the football game. Becca and Rachel both did a great job. Becca loved having pompoms and Rachel stood right in the front with the big cheerleaders and cheered the whole first half of the game.
Saturday we got up and went to town to pick up our Bountiful Basket. After pickup we meet Pat and Wanda for brunch and then came home for naps. Rebekah came out and watched the kids Saturday night while Mike and I attended a member social Halloween party at the country club to watch the Nebraska game. I dressed up as a biker chick and Mike dressed up as Clark Kent. No we don't have any pictures. Not really sure why we didn't take a picture together, we even took my camera to make Mike look more official. Sunday we went to church and then to Walmart to get Rachel some new boots. She was so excited to go to Walmart with me she even told 2 different people at church. After wrestling Alec through church and taking all 3 to Walmart while Mike was in working we just came home to relax that afternoon. Debbie and Hadley Devine came over after naps and I took some 3 month pictures of sweet baby Hadley. Becca was so excited to have a baby in the house that she could hold and even put him to sleep after pictures.
I am going to close with a poem a friend put on Facebook the other night. It is something that I need to read more often and remember as some of the things I already feel like I am doing for the Last Time with Rachel!
![]() |
| Alec finally decided to walk and now insists to carry this dumbbell around also. |
![]() |
| Our Favorite St. Pat's Cheerleader |
![]() |
| Yard Bowling |
![]() |
| Mother May I! Always an experience with Becca. |




No comments:
Post a Comment