Monday, October 6, 2014

Hibernation

   I'm not really sure what is going on with me right now but I must be planning to have a hard winter with all the food I have been making and freezing. Maybe it is the busier life we lead now, or maybe it is the growing family that requires more food at a setting. I really like the idea of having multiple things in the freezer that I can grab and make without a trip to the store or having to do a lot of prep work. So far I have tator tot casserole, chicken and rice casserole, ham and potato soup, salsa, enchiladas, and when I am done with this I'm going to go and make some apple crisps. Maybe it was the garden this year that is making me feel all country and homemakerish. Okay I know that is not a word but I feel like it describes where I am at right now.
    Monday Mike and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary. Okay celebrated may not be the proper term as Mike worked all day and the kids and I had our normal Monday shopping at Walmart, home for naps, pickup from school, make supper, baths and bed time. I did make steaks for Mike and I for supper and after the kids where in bed Mike put together our new treadmill.
   Tuesday we stayed home and did some cleaning, the little ones took naps so they were ready for the evening. After school we came home quick for a snack and then headed to town to watch Rebekah play volleyball against Mullen. The kids all enjoyed the game until Alec fell and got a bloody nose and then Rachel fell and scraped her chin. We then left the volleyball games and headed over to Cody Park to watch Sam play flag football. After the kids did some playing in the dirt we came home for bed.
   Wednesday was the 1st of October and the girls were very excited to finally be able to put up the pumpkins so we did that before school. We then went to Jazzercise and came home for naps and cooking. We ate a quick supper before heading to town for CCD and a visit with Grandma Priest. Thursday we stayed home and did laundry. After school we went to town and did some shopping for a new winter coat and pants for Rachel and a couple outfits for Becca. Thursday night the kids enjoyed spending some time with Mike before bed as he was gone the first part of the week with meeting and work.
   Friday after dropping Rachel off at school we went to Jazzercise and then to coffee with Gwen and Lisa. After coffee we came home and Tammy stopped by on her way to Kearney. Becca loved playing with her dog and was sad when they both had to leave. Friday night Rachel had a birthday party to attend at the bowling alley so Mike, Becca, Alec and I met up with Lisa, Marty, Grandma Lou, and Sam at Applebee's for supper. After supper and the party we came home and the kids were all extra tired and went to bed right away.
  Saturday we went to town and picked up our food basket, then stopped at Lisa's to drop off some of the food and to visit with a friend that moved to Omaha recently. Saturday afternoon we just hung out and relaxed before the kids had a new babysitter and Mike and I attended an oyster feed and watched the first half of the football game at the Schafer residence.
   Sunday we all went to church and then out to lunch at Wild Bill's with Auntie J and Grandma Priest. I then brought the kids home to nap, which did not happen so the evening we spent trying to watch a movie and drying tears. Everyone went to bed and slept well but they were all still tired this morning so I'm sure tonight may not be much better.
   I kind of got behind on loading pictures so now I will share some pictures from the last couple weeks.
Opening presents

Rachel helping to see if her new dress will fit.

How can she be 3 already?

Breakfast candles.

Lunch candles.

Rachel made and decorated a cake for Rebecca.

Happy Birthday

Daddy brought home birthday balloons

Bubby got one too.

Sunrise and fog over the valley

Big Boy

Tired Boy

Doing homework!

Getting ready for school

Sunrise Saturday morning

What a great view

No comments:

Post a Comment