Monday, February 9, 2015

February But It Feels Like Summer!

    So are we in Winter or Summer? We are in Nebraska and we can have both within 24 to 48 hrs. We can even have both in one day if we travel across the state. For instance today we had a high of 67 degrees and while we were playing outside after school Kristi called and said that it was a cold 35 in Omaha. How crazy, now let's get on with our crazy week!
   Monday we dropped Rachel off at school and then went to Jazzercise. Lisa kept Becca and Alec after class so that I could go have lunch with Rachel and spend some time with her at school. Rachel has been asking me to join her class for awhile and Monday they had a presentation about safe touching at school so I decided to spend part of the day with her. She was so excited to show me all the rules of the lunch room, walking in the hall, recess, and she even did a great job in class even with me present. The Groundhog also saw his shadow so we are supposedly in for another 6 weeks of winter!
   Tuesday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. After class we went to Walmart since we didn't go on Monday. I paid some bills while the kids napped and then we played outside until it was time to get Rachel from school.

Alec was trying to get Roger to eat snow out of his hand.
Becca wanted her picture taken with Roger.
     It started snowing sometime in the night Tuesday/Wednesday so when we woke up Wednesday morning there was a good couple inches down and they cancelled school for the day. Rachel was super excited and said that she thinks it would be nice to always have Wednesday off school. She was not so excited when I told her CCD was also cancelled. She really likes CCD! We just played and did some laundry on Wednesday.

Alec insisted that he wear his snow boots and coat all day, but would not let me put pants on him.
    Thursday I had to be at the dentist at 10:30 for surgery on my front tooth. I dropped Becca and Alec off with Lisa and then Lisa took me to the dentist office. I was under for about 3 hours. They were able to remove the old implant and put in the new one so hopefully no more major surgery's. I have a temporary tooth for about a month and then hopefully we can put in the permanent one and be done with this tooth. Lisa picked up Rachel from school and then Mike got the kids from Lisa and they all went to visit Grandma Priest before coming home. Pat and Wanda also stayed as Mike was on call. Stacy came and picked me up from the dentist and I spent the afternoon/evening at her house relaxing/sleeping. She was a great nurse, even though I slept most the time and then she brought me home after the kids were in bed.
   Friday I slept in and then got up and was feeling pretty good. I had Rachel's parent/teacher conference at 11. Mrs. Johnson said that Rachel is doing very well in school and she really is a joy. She is on track to go to 1st Grade next year! After conference Pat and Wanda went home and I napped with the little ones before Mike got home. Mike was able to entertain all the kids Friday evening while I rested some more.
   Saturday we got up and dropped the girls off at St. Pat's cheer clinic. Mike, Alec, and I went to Menards and got some more lights and stuff for the basement. We then picked up the girls, grabbed lunch, and came home for naps before the game. The girls cheered at half time of the girl's game which started at 4:30. After the cheering was over we went to the country club for supper and then to the Woodburn's house for some drink and so the kids could play. It was a great night!
   
The girls giving their best cheerleader pose.
Getting ready to cheer at half time.
My three favorite cheerleaders!
     Sunday the girls and I went to church while the boys stayed home and played. We came home ate lunch, napped, and then played outside. We had a snowball fight without coats or snow pants on! Sunday evening we watch Book of Life for movie night.

The girls trying to get me with snowballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment