Monday, January 25, 2016

January Where Are You Going So Fast?

January where are you going so fast? Here we are starting the last week of January and approaching another parent teacher conference and the kids 100th day of school. Spring and the end of school will be here before we know it. Up until today I was feeling kind of springish! I have been cleaning out closets and the warm weather this weekend made spring seem closer that today as I sit here and watch the snow flying outside. Welcome to Nebraska!
   Last week Rachel didn't have school on Monday due to Teacher In Service and it was a good thing as she ran fever most the afternoon and just didn't feel all that well. Tuesday she was sick to her stomach and still running a fever so she actually got a 4 day weekend. With Rachel not feeling well we stayed home each day and did things around the house. Becca did go to school on Tuesday even though she really didn't want to with Rachel being sick.
Making Bracelets

Poor Sick Rachel

Washing Dishes

Loves to Read and Drink Chocolate Milkie in bed

   Wednesday Rachel was finally able to go back to school, she had a runny nose and a chapped lip but she was feeling better and getting restless at home. She loves school and was excited to spend the day with her friends. We did attend Jazzercise and Becca and Alec were happy to see their friends again as well. After class we went to the Grocery store and hobby lobby. Mike finally has an actual office at work now so he needs frame for pictures of the kids and all his documents. The girls both attended CCD Wednesday night but Jensyn did not come over with Rachel being sick this week.
   Thursday the girls both has school and Alec and I were supposed to meet Gwen for coffee after Jazzercise, however Cyline was sick so after class Alec and I went to Shopko to get some shelves so I could organize closets. I spent the rest of Thursday organizing the basement storage room, moving the blankets out of the girl's closet, and organizing the girls dress up stuff. 
   Friday Rachel went to school and after class the kids and I meet Michelle and Ashlynn for coffee at the mall. Ashlynn loves watching the kids play. We were home the rest of the day and I was able to complete my organizing projects for now. Mostly I think I am avoiding cleaning my office. Hopefully this week I can get it done. Saturday Sean and Ashlyn both played basketball in Stapleton so the kids and I ran up and watched them play a couple games. We then came back and went to the mall with Mike and then meet Pat and Wanda at Wild Bill's for some snack and some time in the arcade. Pat and Wanda came out and we played cards after the kids went to bed.
    Sunday we went to church and then to lunch with Pat and Wanda. Mike had to go back to work after lunch so the kids and I came home and napped. Alec, Becca, and I all rested most the afternoon while Rachel played and watched ipad. Sunday evening Mike and I worked out and watched some football before calling it a night!



Saturday night tea party with Grandma Tielke's plates and cups.

Walking water! 

It made a rainbow!
Memories January 18-24th
  18: Tell about a favorite Aunt: All my aunts are my favorite. We stayed overnight and saw my mom's sisters more growing up so I have many more memories of them but we also babysat for my dad's sisters so I also have great memories with them as well.
  19: Tell about a favorite Uncle: With all our overnight stays I also have great memories with many of my uncles.
   20: Did any relatives ever live with you? No
   21: Did you ever have an imaginary friend? No
   22: When you needed punishment as a child, which parent corrected you? Mom stayed home with us so she corrected us more, but dad would also correct us if we were being out of line.
   23: What type of punishment was dealt you? Mom would put me in the corner behind the door or I did receive a couple of pops to the mouth for talking back. Dad would spank us but I really don't remember him doing it very often, just threatened it often.
   24: Tell about the naughtiest thing you ever did. Egged cars and stacked picnic tables on Halloween night my sophomore year of high school. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment