Monday, January 11, 2016

The Christmas Season is Over

   We finally celebrated our last Christmas. What a great season and great memories we have made this year. So far for us 2016 has started out good. Besides a nagging cough the kids have been healthy. Not everyone has had the same start for this year, one family in town lost their son to a battle that no one even knew about. I was again reminded how precious life is when I text a friend last night to let her know that the kid that she has spent many hours searching for has been found, and that I appreciate what she does for her home town and for our state. She is a police officer and she is an inspiration to my daughter Rachel. We talk about her often and one thing I want to do better this year is to let people know how much they affect my daily life even when they think they are just doing their job. I see you and we pray for you and we are very thankful for you!
    Last week was our first week back to school. Overall it went well but getting back into the routine of doing homework took some time and tears this week. Monday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. Alec was so excited to see Lisa without the other kids that he even insisted on going home with her, so while Alec played at Lisa's, Becca and I went to Walmart. We then came home and cleaned and did laundry, then went to town the evening to celebrate Marty's birthday, with supper at San Pedro's.
   Tuesday Rachel and Becca both had school. Becca was very excited to go back to school and see her friends and teachers. Alec and I went to Jazzercise then we spent the rest of the day playing at home. Wednesday I just worked out at home as Johanna Gifford was home still on break from college and has not seen the kids since this summer so she wanted to come out and spend the day with them. I went to town and did some shopping and finally finished getting gifts for Pat and Wanda. Jensyn came home after school and the girls all enjoyed going to CCD.
Where is my baby boy?

Flying her new helicopter

We are trying to grow out her bangs and she loves to wear these fake glasses.
   Thursday the girls both had school and Alec and I went to Jazzercise. Mike now has Thursdays as an operating day and office day and was free for lunch so after school we went to the Children's Museum while we waited for our food to get done. The kids enjoyed the Museum and we are going to try to go back more often this year. We ordered lunch from Tempura and the kids enjoyed having lunch at Daddy's office. They were a little disappointed that they had to be quiet and could not play with the toys at Daddy's office. 
   Friday we took Rachel to school then Michelle and baby Ashlynn came out to play. Michelle watched the kids while I ran to town and got some groceries for the weekend. The kids enjoyed playing and holding baby Ashlynn. After school we came home and loaded the car then headed to the ranch for the weekend.
    Saturday Alec got to go and feed cows with Granddad and Daddy. He was so excited and loved every minute of it. After lunch we finally got to open presents which was so hard for the kids to wait for. Rachel got to stay with Ashlyn both Friday and Saturday and Becca and Alec enjoyed playing with everyone. Sunday we packed up and came home and spent the afternoon just relaxing and playing. Rachel and Becca enjoyed doing their craft projects from Grandma Wanda and reading all their new books. Alec played with his new bucking cowboy!









January 4-10 of "To The Best of My Recollection"
    4: A childhood photo: I do not have any of my childhood photos here so I will have to get them next time I am home and put some up.
    5: Name your brothers and sisters and their year of birth: Nicole Marie 3-12-80; Kristina Ann 2-15-83; Sandra Kay 11-11-84; Kathleen Ann 11-5-85
    6: What was your mother's full name? Julia Ann Kohle
    7: What was your father's full name? William Joseph Tielke
    8: What was your mother's date and place of birth? 6-27-60 West Holt Memorial Hospital
    9: What was your father's date and place of birth? 1-3-58 West Hold Memorial Hospital
    10: Tell a family nickname that you had. Kamirooni (given to me my Gregg Hanzlichek)

No comments:

Post a Comment