Sunday, January 17, 2016

Mike Turns 36

     Mike is 36, and I didn't even remember to take a single picture of him yesterday. Luckily at this age he doesn't seem to change that much. Mike's birthday buddy Lisa turned 50 yesterday! Rachel asked her on Friday if she was born on the same day and place as Mike! It is so cute how kids try to process things.
    How was our week? Pretty normal and that is okay with me! Monday and Tuesday were both normal days, unfortunately Mike is now much busier at work with meeting and paperwork so we are seeing less of him and that means I am cook less. Mike was able to take Rachel to school on Monday and she was really excited as he has not been able to take her as much this year.
   Wednesday Jensyn came out after school and I made homemade chicken noodle soup. It turned out pretty well. The noodles got a little over done but the carrots that I froze from the garden this fall were a perfect addition. We had plenty of soup and the kids don't eat soup well so after taking the girls to CCD, Alec and I meet Mike at Grandma Priest's were they enjoyed some soup together and there was even some extra for Phyllis for the week.
   Thursday we gave Roger a bath at the doggie wash after Jazzercise and although Alec was so excited to help he soon learned that dogs and water make a mess and get you really wet! After we picked up Becca we went to lunch with Michelle and Ashlynn. The kids both love singing to her and making her laugh and smile. Thursday evening Auntie J brought Julianne out to play while she went to take some pictures at church. We all had a great time with JuJu and love that she has someone to play with while she spends the week with her grandma.
Becca playing in the shaving cream after Rachel practiced her spelling words.

Rachel getting ready for a nerf war with Alec.

Alec loves his nerf guns
    Friday after Jazzercise Tracee and the kids came out to play and to help me put together a gift for Lisa. Becca and Kinley had a great time doing nails and makeup, while Jase and Alec played guns and watched some "Paw Patrol". After school the kids went to play at Lisa's while I did some shopping for Mike and Lisa's birthdays. Sam then came out to play basketball and watch a movie with us while Marty and Lisa went to a prayer service.
   Saturday we played in the morning then meet Mike in town for lunch for his birthday. We ate at Luigi's. It was good and the kids all loved their food and fell asleep in the car before we went to help decorate for Lisa's party. Johanna Gifford came out and watched the kids while I went to church and Mike and I attended Lisa's birthday party.
   Today we have just stayed in our jammies all day and played, cleaned, and did some housework. Mike has been working most the weekend but he did get to come eat and enjoy some time with friends last night for his birthday!
Alec in one of his shirts from Grandma Julie!
Memories 11-17
January 11: How did you get your nickname? Gregg Hanzlichek just always called me Kamirooni. I even emailed him this week as I have not talked or seen him in over 9 years and he started out his email back to me with "Kamirooni"
January 12: Tell of any other nicknames in your family. Kristi: Mr. Krister; Sandi: Bander; and  Katie: Bug
January 13: What did your father do for a living? He farmed and worked for Carol Olsen when I was young. Worked for a phone company/raised sheep. Then he and mom took over Tielke Sandwiches from 1990-2005. He now is County Supervisor and works for a crop adjusting company.
January 14:Name the towns you lived in before you were 20. Atkinson age 1-18; Kearney 18-21
January 15: Name the childhood address you remember. RR1 Box 74 Atkinson NE 68713
January 16:Tell a found memory of your Grandpa.
   Grandpa Kohle - Making mud-pies on the cement feed bunk for him to eat. Riding in the back of his blue and black Chevy pickup Dove hunting. Sitting around the kitchen table. (He would slap his hand down really hard on the table if we got to loud or to scare us and then just smile.)
     Grandpa Tielke - Helping him deliver dairy supplies and the smell of his cherry tobacco he smoked in his pipe. Trying to grow taller than him: When he had his stroke I was the same height as him when he had his boots on. I always told him that I was taller because of the heel of his boot and he always responded that we were the same height because the heel of his foot went into the heel of his boot.
January 17: Tell a found memory of your Grandma.
     Great Grandma Davis - Always had Andes mints in her purse. If we went to see her alone we would always get to spin buttons and count pennies.
     Great Grandma Sloane - I remember playing with her wooden spools and plastic animals on her wood foot stool. I also remember getting food from the Drive Inn and having picnics in her front yard.
     Grandma Kohle - Made applesauce and always saved a jar for me. She would let us eat as much bread and butter as we wanted at meal time and always cut our cinnamon toast into triangles. She always had oatmeal cookies in her cookie jar.
     Grandma Tielke - Let us sleep on the air mattress of the floor of the living room when we stayed with her when Katie got burnt. She also bought us Kid Cuisine's for lunch. Loved working for her at Valentino's in Jr. High and high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment