Monday, February 29, 2016

Memories

  Since I got so far behind on Memories while we were gone I decided just to do a post for the whole month!

February

1. What extras did you use for your snowman's face, buttons, arms, hat, etc?
We just used what we had outside.

2. Tell of someone you envied, and why.
I have envied different people at different times in my life. They have all helped me to become a better me!

3.Do you remember the first movie you ever saw and who starred in it?
 ET, I don't remember who starred in it I just remember the ending when they fly through the sky on the bike.

4. What was your favorite meal as a child?
 Tator Tot Casserole

5. What were you doing to first smash a finger?
The only time I remember smashing a finger was in the car door at the gas station when we were with Cleary's.

6. Who was the most famous person you ever met as a child?
Trevor Brazile in college

7. Tell about the first time you ever say TV -- when, where, what show, etc.
This is when I know this book is old!! We have always had a TV but until grade school we only got 2 channels most days, CBS and PBS. Some times we could get ABC.

8. Tell about your first favorite TV shows.
Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, 3-2-1 Contact.

9. Tell of a nickname given to you by friends or classmates.
Kamo and Kamster

10. How did you get the nickname?
A couple of people just started calling me that. Neither of them really stuck.

11.Tell about your very first boyfriend.
Justin Monahan in Jr. High, Jason Winer in High school.

12. Tell about the Valentine Day festivities at your school.
We always had to make Valentine's Day boxes to take to school then gave Valentine's to all the kids in school.

13. Tell about a special Valentine you once gave.
I really can't think of any.

14. Tell about a special valentine you once received.
Grandma Tielke would always give us a small box of assorted chocolates. I only liked the milk chocolate caramel ones. So they all had little nibbles out of them but most of them got put in the trash.

15. Tell about your first date.
Mike and I's first date was dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Omaha.

16. Tell about your first kiss.
I first kissed Mike on his birthday before I left his place.

17. Tell about a big fib you told.
I really can't remember any.

18. Tell about family reunions in your childhood. 
I remember going to West Point Grandma Davis's family reunion when I was 10. We got together every Thanksgiving with the Tielke side. We also went to a family reunion with Grandma Kohle's relatives at Mary Katheryn Estes's house in the summers.

19. What do you remember as your favorite subject in school?
Math and Science

20. What do you remember as your least favorite school subject?
Spelling, Reading, English

21. What is the biggest problem you remember having in Grade school?
 Spelling and getting my work done at school. I remember having to sit at the kitchen table for hours doing homework after school because I would not get it done in school.

22. What is the biggest problem you remember having in Jr. High school?
 Self Confidence

23.What is the biggest problem you remember having in Sr. High School?
Not trying my hardest in sports.

24. Describe a place you liked to go to be alone.
Outside, I would go for a walk with the dog or go out to the pen with the baby lambs.

25.Tell of a place that you discovered or built as a "haven" for your gang.
We had a club with some of the girls at school. We would meet under a cedar tree at school and hold meetings.

26. Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends in Jr. and Sr. High.
The Drive-In was always a popular place to see people but most the time we just drove around main street to hang out.

27. Tell about the best pet you ever had.
My Boxer from Jerry. His name was Tippy and he was white with a brown spot around his eye.

28. Tell about other pets you had.
Dog Max - as a small girl
Snowy and Sugar - Great Pyrenees dogs growing up.
Chase - A lab while I lived with Kevin and first moved to Columbia
Roger - a Golden Retriever, Nick gave him to us when we moved to North Platte
We also had various fish growing up

 There was not a 29 so that is it. Memories for the month of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment