Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October Brings First Snow

   Here is to more catching up on the Blog and the first Snow of the Season! Okay snow may be a little much as it was mostly sleet with a couple seconds of large flakes but we will mark it down as the first snow and see how long until we get an actual snow.
    October 3-9
  Monday we took Rachel and Becca to school and then spent the rest of the day at home resting up from the weekend and unpacking. Tuesday we went to Jazzercise in the morning then came home to do some laundry and more house stuff. This week was strange for me as we didn't have anywhere to go on Friday. For the 6 weeks prior to this we packed up every Friday and left town so my weeks have been planned out so that I could get everything done and ready to leave by Friday. It was kind of nice and I also found myself walking around trying to figure out what to do next. 
   Wednesday we took Rachel to school, went to Jazzercise and then ran some errands. After we took Becca to school I came home and mowed. The yard was really long and I only got about 3/4 done before I had to stop and go get kids from school. Alec enjoyed riding Becca's car and playing outside. After school I finished mowing then we picked the rest of the garden vegetables before the freeze and storm that was predicted for the evening.
Rides at the mall
   Thursday was a cold and rainy, sleety, snowy day! Delcey came to play as her daycare was closed. We had to take Roger to the vet for shots and Johnna came out to watch the kids as Mike and I were supposed to go to Med Staff Appreciation dinner for his 5 years of service. However plans changed when Mike ended up in the OR until 11pm. I ran some errands since I already had a babysitter coming out and then enjoyed supper and a drink with Michelle.
Proof we had some snow.
   Friday we took Rachel to school then went to Jazzercise before picking up Ashylnn for the day. Michelle had to get ready for a BBQ for North Platte public schools so Ashylnn came out to play for the day. She is such a good baby. She loves to follow the kids around and Becca is such a good little mother hen and helper. Rachel was invited to spend the night with Grace so after school we came home and packed her bag then waited for Mike to get off work. We then went to town and dropped Rachel off with Grace's mom before taking Ashlynn to Shawn and attending the BBQ. After the BBQ Ellie Fudge came out to watch the little two while Mike and I went to a birthday party and then to Shooters to watch Whiskey Bent play. We had some people over after the bar and ended up crawling into bed around 4 am. 
Helping Ash "cook"

Silly kids

Such a good baby and she loves popcorn just as much as my kids.
    Saturday was a slow start with little sleep. We spent most the day relaxing then got ready for church as I was Rebekah's confirmation sponsor. After church we went to Marty and Lisa's for supper then came home and put the kids to bed and watched a movie. Okay Mike watched a movie, I fell asleep! Sunday we took Rachel to CCD then went to the Pumpkin Festival at the Church by our house. The kids enjoyed horse rides, fun jumpz, train rides, carnival type games, and a wagon ride. We got home early afternoon and then I started having some pain in my right side and chest. Mike worked on some concrete outside while I spent the rest of the day in the chair as it hurt really bad to stand up. Sunday night we didn't get a movie in as Mike worked on the concrete steps until dark and I was most comfortable in my chair and lying in bed.
Candidate and Sponsor









   We final got the girls school pictures back. They are pretty good I just wish I would not have put a bow in Rachel's hair as she messed with it before picture time. 
2nd Grade Age 7

Mrs. Thompson's Second Grade Class

Pre-K Age 4/5

Mrs. Cox and Mrs. McConnell's Pre-K afternoon Class


No comments:

Post a Comment