Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Catch Up Time

   Time to try to get caught up on the blog. I am hoping over the next couple weeks to not only get caught up on the weeks but also on my memories. My goal is to have them all caught up by the end of the year. I have been keeping track of them in my book but have not sat down to type them up. So here we go:
  October 10-16
 Monday the kids didn't have school due to a teacher in service. We stayed home in the morning and played then the kids all had their annual Dr's appointment with Dr. Shawn. They all had great check ups and then we all got our flu shots. Rachel was scared before they ever poked her, but after decided it wasn't that bad. Becca cried when I gave her a tight hug as they started cleaning, but then smiled and said, "why did I cry, that didn't hurt!'. Alec kicked his leg right when they injected him and he cried and said that hurt so bad. I don't want to do that again! Tuesday the kids were back in school and we stayed home and worked on laundry. It was so weird to not have a bunch of things going on this week to get ready to leave town. I was not feeling very well this week and thought I was having gallbladder issues so we didn't go to Jazzercise.
   Wednesday the girls each got to visit the fire station while at school. They both liked trying on all the gear. I canned the last batch of salsa for the year from both red and green tomatoes. We got new Internet installed in the afternoon and then Mike stayed home with the kids while I went to town and had drinks with Traci. 
Rachel's class at the fire station

Rachel and friends in gear.
    Thursday Becca, Alec and I went to school to attend an assembly about good health and nutrition. Alec didn't really understand it but the lady putting it on ended by doing acrobat tricks and he thought that was pretty cool. Mike had to work late so we enjoyed an evening at home doing homework and playing  outside.
Alec was riding his horse and watching the Rodeo

The girls still enjoy running home after school on nice days.
   Friday we took Rachel to school then went to get the oil changed on the Yukon. After the oil change we went to the park to play before coming home to eat lunch. Rachel had Grace and Elly over after school and to stay the night. The girls all had a great time playing and even included Becca. Alec was a normal pesky brother so I spent most of the evening playing cowboys with him. Grandma Wanda came to visit and had supper with us that evening. I was not feeling well so I just watched a movie and went to bed after putting the kids to bed.
Candy from the Car Shop

That Face!

They are only about 2 lbs apart so teeter totter works really well.
   Saturday I woke up and was still not feeling well so Wanda came out and watched the kids while I went to town and got an ultrasound and HIDA scan on my gallbladder. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. Come to find out my pain may have been due to a supplement I was taking.  Sunday Rachel had CCD then we went to church, lunch with Grandma Priest and Auntie J, then we took the kids to the Golden Spike pumpkin patch. Mike was on call all weekend but was able to enjoy church, lunch and the pumpkin patch with us. The kids favorite parts of the pumpkin patch were the corn maze and face painting.



Rachel was pretty excited she beat her dad!

Corn pit

My puppy for the day







First time getting his face painted.

Bat Girl

Bat Boy




No comments:

Post a Comment