I believe when we leave this earth we leave for a better place, a place that has all of our favorite things. A place where many have gone before us but many are left behind. I wish there was a way to make this transition not so painful for the ones left behind. My aunt Patti left this earth last night around midnight. She was surrounded by so many family members and went very peacefully, but so many of those same people are hurting today. Yes they will be okay; there will be good days and bad days. I just hope they are all able to reach for something or someone more on the days that are bad and reach out and celebrate on the days that are good. We will gather as a family next week to celebrate her life and many tears will be shed. Today just take a moment to enjoy your family, friends, and neighbors as we are all on borrowed time and have a limited time on this earth.
Now to try to catch up on the weeks I am behind before the end of the year. So much has been going on that I have not had much time to get on the computer and get these typed up so here we go:
November 28-December 4
Monday we took the girls to school and just stayed home. It was super windy outside and just not a very nice day. I did manage to get my Christmas cards addressed and in the mail! Tuesday we finally made it to another Jazzercise class. I have been really bad about going and working out these last couple weeks. I am hoping to get back on track after the first of the year. Wednesday the girls had school and then Ellie came out to babysit after school. The kids love all our babysitters for different reasons but Ellie holds a special place in their hearts because she loves to bring things for them to do while she is here. This particular night she brought one of her prom dresses out so that they could all play dress up! While Ellie was here I took another babysitter Mia for a pedicure while her parents were out of town for the week and then Mike and I had a nice dinner together.
Thursday we took Rachel to school then went to Jazzercise. After class we had coffee with Gwen and Shannon before taking Becca to school. While the girls were at school Alec and I got all the outside Christmas decorations down from the top of the shop and started setting them up. We then picked up the girls and the neighbor Elly and came home to finish putting up Christmas stuff outside. The kids had a great time helping and playing and Elly got to stay and have dinner with us.
 |
| Each year I try to add something new to my outside decorations. This year was the snowman. |
Friday Rachel had school and the little ones and I stayed home. Wanda came to town to run some errands and watch the kids while Mike and I attended the hospital Gala. I had my hair and makeup done then got dresses and went to the Gala with Stacy as Mike had to work late and then came home to get ready and just meet us at the Gala. We had a fun night; food was just okay but the band was really good and it is always fun to get dressed up every once in awhile.
 |
| Stacy and I |
 |
| Mike and I |
 |
| Lindsay, Stacy, Laura, and I |
Saturday Wanda went home and Becca had a birthday party at the Children's Museum after lunch. Rachel and I had coffee with Traci while Becca was at her party and the boys stayed home to work in the shop. Sunday we all went to church and then to lunch at Wild Bill's with the Troshynski's. We then went to Lisa's and decorated her tree and then came home to play before bed. No movie this week as Mike was working in the shop and the kids were tired from the weekend and went to bed early.
 |
| Rachel and Sam watching Alec and Becca on a virtual reality ride at Wild Bill's. |
Dec 5-11
Monday we stayed home did some laundry, washed bedding and cleaned the house. Tuesday the girls both had school in the morning so that Becca's class could practice for the Christmas concert with the morning class. Alec and I went to Jazzercise and then to Walmart before picking Becca up from school. We then came home and took baths and got ready for the Christmas concert. Mom and Dad came to town and we all had supper before the concert. Wanda and Auntie J were able to meet us at the concert but stayed in town. Mike was not able to attend the concert as he was on call and got busy in a late case. We are very grateful for videos and The Cube online on days like this. We love that Hershey school puts our programs on The Cube for family out of town. Aunt Patsy, Sandi, and Grandma Priest were all able to watch the kids perform without making the drive and Mike was able to watch it with the kids at home.
 |
| Alec wanted to be fancy like the girls. |
 |
| Becca was so excited to sing for everyone. |
 |
| Rachel found us in the crown. Always an exciting moment for her. |
 |
| Rachel and the neighbor Elly |
 |
| Kira, Jensyn, Rachel, and Ella T. Second Grade friends. |
Wednesday mom and dad left when I left to take Rachel to school. We then came home as Alec was crabby because he napped before the concert and then didn't want to go to bed. Wednesday night Babs came out to watch the kids while I went to town and had drinks with some of my girl friends. I have come to enjoy my Wednesday nights away so much. I love the nights that I am able to have drinks with friends, but I also enjoy the nights Mike and I get to have dinner together. With our busy lives I really enjoy Wednesdays evening as some slow down time. Some Wednesday's I stay out late having drink and some I come home early, my only rule is that I don't come home before bed time. I put the kids to bed almost every night and yes it is getting easier but a night off is very enjoyable and the kids love having someone come over and play with them once a week!
Thursday we took Rachel to school then went to St. Pats for the all school mass. Alec was having a less than perfect day and was not very good at church. We made it through and grabbed some lunch before coming home. Some days are just more of a challenge than others when you have a 3 year old. Elly came home after school with us and then we went to town for the Parade of Lights. It is such a good parade each year but this year it was so cold. I even had had warmers for each of the kids and they barely made it to the end of the parade. We got lots of candy and then came home, took baths to warm up and everyone was ready for bed.
 |
| Love this group. Kinley, Payton, Becca, Elly, Rachel, Alec, and Jase. |
Friday after Rachel got done with school we went to Alma for Nick's shop party. The kids had a great time playing with Tucker and Kelcee and Becca loved helping with Hazel. The kids and I came back home on Saturday and meet up with Dugan's and Erickson's at Dave's Place for supper. Mike and Aaron stayed at Nick's and came home Sunday. Rachel had CCD Sunday and then she and I went to church before coming home. I went back to town that afternoon for Confession, then back home for a movie before bed time.
 |
| Becca and Hazel! |
No comments:
Post a Comment