Thursday, December 29, 2016

Wrapping Up 2016

   Here we are in the last week of 2016. It has been another busy week but I am trying really hard to get this up to date so today I am going to write about the last week and a half. We are headed to the ranch tomorrow for Simonson Christmas and to ring in the New Year so I will not be able to finish up before the New Year if I don't do it today. 
   December 19-25
  Monday the girls had school and I worked on house work and laundry after being gone over the weekend. After school we made Becca's drinks for her Christmas party at school on Tuesday. 
Reindeer Water

ZigZag's message to the kids Tuesday morning
   Tuesday we took Rachel to school then came home and got Becca ready for her Christmas Party at school. She wanted to wear one of her party dresses because it's not a party without a dress! After taking Becca to school Alec and I picked up lunch and went to Michelle's. Alec then stayed to play with Ashylnn while I went to school for Becca's party. Mike was able to pick Alec up from Michelle's after work and the girls and I just came home after school. Ellie came out Tuesday night to watch the kids while Mike and I went to town for Maelissa's birthday party. Ellie brought out a gingerbread house for the kids to make and decorate and kid wine. She also let the kids stay up a little later since Wednesday was their last day of school before break. 
Gifts with Ashlynn

School Party

Book Exchange

Gingerbread house!
  Wednesday the girls both went to school in the morning since it was an early out day. Rachel got to watch a movie in the morning and then had her class party in the afternoon. Becca had a busy day with all 25 kids in one class for the morning. After school we came home and played and then Johnna came out to watch the kids while I finished Christmas shopping and Mike and I went to dinner at River's Edge. Wednesday night Patti Swanson lost her battle with cancer and earned her angel wings. We miss her so much already. I wrapped presents and got ready for the weekend as I was not sure when the funeral would be before I went to bed on Wednesday as she didn't pass until 11:55 Wednesday night.
   Thursday we spent most the day making, baking, and decorating sugar cookies. I try to make cookies during the Christmas season with the kids each year, so years we don't get it done but this year Mike is on call so we did not have to pack or plan to leave so we were free all day Thursday. The kids had so much fun playing with the dough, cutting out the cookies and using their creative thoughts to decorate the cookies. Elly and Trisha the neighbors came over Thursday evening to help us decorate the 90 cookies we baked. Mike also got home and helped with a couple. They all turned out really well and we have enjoyed sharing them and eating just a couple! Thursday night after dinner Alec was playing downstairs and running into his bean bag and hurt his leg. We thought he just bent it so we cuddled and then he fell asleep so we put him in bed.
Rachel's Reindeer

Becca's Santa's

Alec made Christmas Trees

Becca wanted a picture of the cookies baking

Decorating with Sprinkles

Piping Designs


The finished cookies drying

  Friday Alec woke up and could not put any weight on his leg without crying so Babs came out to watch the girls while I took Alec to see Dr. Shawn. After some examining and x-rays we did not find a break in Alec's leg so we were thinking a possible high ankle sprain. Mike got finished with work early so we went to lunch at Whiskey Creek. Pat and Wanda were coming through town and stopped to visit with us while we were at lunch. After lunch Alec and I picked up Elly to play and came home. We had planned to go to Cody Park and ride the rides and see Santa but Alec was still not able to walk so Trisha, Matt, and Justin came and picked up Elly and took the girls to Cody Park and then invited them both over for a sleepover. Becca was so excited to finally get to go to Elly's house. The girls had a great time with the Jorgensen's and at their sleepover. I enjoyed the evening cuddling with Alec and Mike worked some and then came home and watched a movie.
Alec doing puzzles in the chair since he couldn't walk

Playing with Elly









The girls with Santa
   Saturday Trisha brought the girls home around noon then we started baths and getting ready for Christmas Eve Church. Alec stepped out of the bath and tried to stand on his foot and it hurt so bad he screamed and cried. Mike and I decided to take him to the ER and get an x-ray of his leg since they only did x-rays of his foot on Friday. The x-ray still showed no sign of a fracture but due to the amount of pain Alec was in we had one of the ER PA's put him in a splint. He seemed to do better with his foot in a splint. We then came home finished getting ready for church then went to see Grandma Priest to wish her Merry Christmas. We went to Marty and Lisa's at 5 for supper before mass and then back to Troshynski's after church to open gifts. Mike had to go back to the hospital so he missed gifts but we all got home at the same time and the kids enjoyed opening their ornaments and new pajamas.




Becca was sad that ZigZag had to leave


Kissing him and telling him goodbye.

All ready for church. Alec had to wear sweatpants as I couldn't get his good pants over his splint.

Cookie, milk and a carrot for Santa and the Reindeer.
   Sunday was Christmas Day. The kids got up around 7 and were so excited to open their gifts. Mike was lucky and didn't get called in on Christmas Day and got to spend the day with us. We all stayed in pajamas and enjoyed the day playing with new toys. Mike and I got the kids an air hockey table and had a great time all playing in the shop for a while before we got too cold. 



Becca's favorite gift: A MC2 spy kit

Alec got lots of rodeo and cowboy stuff



Rachel's favorite gift: Her Gemma Stone Shoppie Doll


Mike's Favorite gift: A box of his favorite wine

The aftermath!

Playing rodeo

Rachel with her gifts

Becca was just so excited about everything.
  I don't have any pictures of my gifts but Mike got gifts for each of the kids to give me. Becca gave me a new green sweater, Rachel gave me some new starfish earrings, Alec gave me some new perfume, and Mike gave me a new diamond bracelet. Mike also got a whiskey tumbler and some new shoes. Overall we had a great Christmas and feel very blessed this year.
   Monday we played in the morning then we packed up, picked up Babs and headed to Atkinson for Patti's prayer service and funeral. Babs stayed at Nicky's with the kids while we had the prayer service and visited with family and friends at Patti's house after. It was kind of sad as it is possibly the last time we will all gather there. Tuesday we got up and attended the funeral. It was a very nice service and my dad did a great job speaking. He was really worried he would not be able to make it through. He did okay until the last line at Grandma's funeral so he was worried about this as he said, "You expect to bury your parents, but losing a sister is a whole other feeling." After the funeral and dinner we opened gifts with Sandi, Mom, and Dad that the kids missed on Christmas. We then came home and it was time for bed. 
So much love and sadness in this picture.





Alec cried about his foot most the way home so I took it out of the splint and found this sore. Poor Buddy!
   Wednesday we stayed home and played. The girls worked on their painting they got from Grandma Julie and Grandpa Bill. Wednesday night we went to town and had supper with Pat and Wanda. They came to town to finish up some shopping before we go to their house on Friday for Christmas. Elly came to spend the night and today the kids have been playing. We are headed to town this afternoon to go to the movie with Dee, Kaylee and the kids. Dee takes all of us to the movie each year as a Christmas gift for the kids. They love it so much and are looking forward to going today. 
   This wraps up another year on the blog. I am so excited to get on her next week and put together 2016's book. This will be my 7th book! So here is too another year of our lives: some days are crazy and I want them to go faster, then we have the amazing days that I realize just how fast the days really are going and I wouldn't mind them slowing down. Overall I enjoy my time with family and friends and look forward to each new day. 








No comments:

Post a Comment