Monday June 3rd I ran to town in the morning and ran some errands and went to Walmart. I then came home and we worked on laundry and cleaning the house. Mike got done with work early and it was such a nice evening we all loaded up and headed to the Campbell sections to fix fence. I picked up some chicken from Walmart and the kids enjoyed having a picnic dinner on the trailer. It was a late night but what a great family night. Alec told us the best part of eating outside while fencing was that you don't have to use manners! You can chew with your mouth open, wipe your hands on your pants and just throw your bones over the edge!
 |
| Helping cut cedar trees! |
 |
| No manner dinner! |
 |
| Pounding staples |
 |
| Rachel loved her time with just Dad! |
Tuesday we rode bikes in the morning then we worked in the garden putting cages around the tomatoes. I then taught Rachel how to mow, and she mowed all the pasture out front! She loved it and did a really good job. We then played on the water slide and had pork fritters for dinner!
 |
| They thought playing in the mud was better than helping me! |
Wednesday we worked around the house in the morning and then Rachel had a birthday party at Cody Water Slides so we picked up Delcey and went to River's Edge to swim. We came home and I mowed that evening and Rachel made Ramen noodles for dinner. It has been so nice having Rachel old enough to help this summer. She has been busy watching Becca and Alec, helping mow, and making dinner when I am busy outside.
 |
| Drying off in the sun |
Thursday the kids went to Lisa's while I got my hair done. We then went to lunch with Lisa, Sam and Marty. After lunch we went to the golf course to practice putting and on the driving range. It was hot and the kids complained a lot. We then treated them with ice cream before taking Rachel to piano lessons. After lessons we went to dinner before going to the circus at 7:30. The kids loved the circus and Mike and I actually enjoyed it as well. They had some really good acts that entertained the kids the whole time. We were glad we went and enjoyed our day together.
 |
| Enjoying the show |
 |
| Snow-cones during break |
 |
| What a great night at the circus |
Friday Becca went to cheer camp at North Platte High School. She loved it and then we packed up and headed to Dismal with Jen, Jensyn, and Delcey Hampton. Mike and Deon left earlier so they could golf! We had a great trip until the hilly roads made Becca car sick. She made it and didn't take long to recover. The kids couldn't wait to swim so we got checked in and headed to the pool. We all had a great time relaxing. Some friends from Mullen joined us that evening and the kids had a great time. Saturday we all got pedicures before we left and Alec enjoyed spending some time on the driving range with Mike. We left after lunch to head back so Jensyn could serve at church. The other server didn't end up showing up so Rachel stepped in to serve. This was her first time ringing the bells and she did great. We then came home for a movie and popcorn and Mike got home late that night.
 |
| Becca and Mia! |
Sunday I went with Mike to check cows then we came home and worked outside. I weeded the garden and trimmed the yard. I then edged the front walk and we started a fire. The kids enjoyed s'more's and Mike and I enjoyed shooting some blue rock, then Pat and Wanda came out and we had hamburgers for supper.
 |
| The smell of these brings back so many dove hunting days with my aunts, uncles, cousins, and Grandpa Kohle! |
 |
| Someone stole my phone! |
No comments:
Post a Comment