Saturday, June 22, 2019

May 27 - June 2

  Monday May 27th we packed up at Nicky and Clay's and headed home. Since Mike drove up separate he took Becca home with him and headed south of Atkinson while Rachel, Alec and I headed to Stuart to get some lilac bushes before we headed home. After we got home and got the car unloaded I mowed and we set up the new water slide for the kids. Mike and the kids watched a movie that night while I enjoyed some quiet time on the deck reading.


   Tuesday we stayed home and I worked on laundry  and ran on the treadmill. I also did some work on the computer in my office and the kids enjoyed just being lazy. Rachel then had Piano at 4 due to missing last week because her teacher was sick. After piano we came home and enjoyed a movie before sending the kids to bed. Wednesday we spent most the day at home. I ran to Hershey to pick up some groceries in the morning. It is so nice to be able to leave the kids home alone for awhile this summer while I run around. Rachel then had vocal lessons at 4 and we had some time to kill between lessons and dinner so we meet up with Mike and went to Wild Bills to play games. We then went to Mongolian Grill to celebrate Jace's birthday with the neighbors. That night Elly, Grace, and Braislee stayed the night. Hampton's came over after we got home and the kids played while we visited and played some cards.
Alec's favorite game

     Thursday Rachel went to a Beautiful You camp at the Lutheran church and Becca. Alec and I enjoyed a nice afternoon outside riding bikes and playing. We then went to town and got some plants for the garden. After Rachel got done with camp we picked her up and headed to church so Rachel could serve. She did such a great job and really enjoys serving in the church.



   Friday we got up and ready early so we could go out and plant the garden. The kids all enjoyed helping and I realized how particular I am when I do my garden. After some long deep breaths and some not so calm hurry up messages we got the whole garden in! We then changed and headed to Michelle's for a end of the school year pool party. We had a great time and the kids really enjoyed using their floats that Liza and Aaron got them for their birthdays. After the pool party Hampton's came out and the kids played on the water slide while we grilled and ate supper.


Becca  was more interested in chalk and selfies than the garden




    Saturday Becca headed to Kearney with Bree for a belated birthday trip. They did lots of activates and stayed the night. Rachel and I ran Alec over to the neighbors so he could help Claire Schaffer with a Lemonade stand during Schaffer's garage sale. They didn't end up selling stuff long before Sarah took them to town for the Children's Museum anniversary party and ice cream. Rachel and I enjoyed a quiet house and time to ourselves. I mowed and sealed the deck posts while Rachel did the dishes and cleaned up the house. That evening Rachel watched Alec while Mike was finishing up a case and I headed to Sarah Schaffer's and Brooke Moorhead's houses for tours and drinks. It was a super fun girls night out.

He had such a busy day. I love that he still wraps his tags in his finger!
   Sunday we went to church and then went golfing and the kids did some swimming at River's Edge. We then stopped by to visit with Grandma Priest and Grandma Wanda before coming home and showering before movie night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment