Tuesday, May 5, 2020

April 27 - May 3

       Week #7 of home school and quarantine! This was a better week, I think the kids and I just really needed a break from each other! I think getting the kids out of the house for a couple days helped break up the days and helped them be able to refocus on finishing out the school year. Don't get me wrong we still had days that they didn't want to work, but overall they did much better. Not much has changed around town and the state. They did announce that Salons, Dentist offices, and elective surgeries could begin in Lincoln county between the 4-11 of May.
   Monday the kids got started on school work early and then I let them have a break while I ran in to Walmart. I actually went in so I could start gathering a few things for the kids end of the school year teacher baskets. I picked up some lunch on the way home and then the kids helped me unload groceries before we ate lunch. Everyone was done with school work shortly after lunch so we headed outside. Elly came over to play on the water slide with the kids while I tilled up my garden! We had Salmon and Rice for dinner that night and the kids went to bed full and tired after an afternoon of playing hard outside.

   Tuesday we got up and got school work done by lunch time. It was a cool and windy day so the kids and I did Just Dance for P.E. and then we played board game in the afternoon.
    Wednesday we did school work in the morning then I headed out to mow. Mike was home around lunch time and started putting up the fence across the road. He got the wires up and all the post set while I was mowing. We then got cleaned up and headed to town to have dinner with Marty, Lisa, and Sam. Alec was really missing Lisa as this is probably the longest he has ever gone without seeing her. We had a great night of Margarita's take out food and enjoyed a couple card games before coming back home.  Thursday we worked on school work and I spent a lot of the day moving water around the yard. Mike and Alec finished the fence across the road and that evening we went to Nana Dee's and played with, helped bathe, her grand kids ducks that are living at her house. Becca was scared of them at first but ended up falling in love and wanted to sneak one home.
I had 2 visitors in my bed after Mike got up!





     Friday we got all our school work done by 11 and then headed to town to give the dogs a bath in the doggie wash. We took the truck so we didn't have to dry them and they both look and smell so much better now. Usually I take them in and have them groomed each spring but this year, Mike and I trimmed their bellies and butts with some clippers we have here and then the kids and I just took them in to be washed. They don't look as good as usual but they both did a great job at holding still while we shaved them. Jessie likes it much more that Roger but he didn't fight too much. After lunch Jen, Jensyn, Delcey, and Marie came over. The kids played outside on the water slide, while Jen, Marie and I put together 17 teacher appreciation baskets for the Hershey Elementary teachers from HELP club. I grilled steaks for dinner that night and after putting the kids to bed early Mike and I enjoyed sitting by the fire on the deck and reading!

   Saturday Mike had to go to work and round and so some cases. After helping Becca make pancakes for dinner I headed to Hershey to pick up Jen and Marie so we could deliver baskets. We had a great morning together going around to all the houses and delivering. The teachers we all so surprised and Thankful! Elly came over after I got home and the kids played and watched movies. Sunday we got up and made cinnamon rolls. I then went for a walk and mowed and trimmed the yard. I made prime rib for supper that night, which is unusual as I never cook on Sunday's! Justin Raatz stopped by on his way to Sydney for work to drop off some books and enjoyed eating dinner with us and visiting a little before he had to go. The kids went to bed early and Mike and I enjoyed another couple episodes of The Blacklist!


Spa Day Hosted by Rachel and Elly!











I didn't have any updated pictures of the yard and the whole deck so I took some pictures. So crazy how fast the trees all grow and change. We are coming up on 9 years of living here. So much sweat and tears have gone into this yard and house. Many miles of little feet and dog paws have been over every inch of this yard with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment