Monday, May 11, 2020

May 4 - May 10

   Happy Day after Mother's Day and Last week of school!  They changed my blog setup today or since last time I was on here so we will see how this goes and who gets emails this week! Last we was actual pretty busy. They have lifted some of the restrictions for our area. They opened up elective surgeries so Mike was able to get back in the OR more. He was still home Thursday through Sunday as they are still sharing a smaller number of OR rooms. This week they are opening restaurants to groups of 6 and the tables have to be at least 6 ft apart. Salons in our area are open to start doing hair again. So we will see how things turn out in the next couple weeks as people get out and about more. As for us we had a busy week with dentist appointments and I decided to organize the house so I am taking it one small project at a time!
   Monday May 4th we did school work in the morning, then we all loaded up and dropped Rachel off at the dentist to have her ortho check up. We then stopped by the bank and opened a new business account before coming home and making Shrimp Scampi for dinner. We were going to get ice cream but the kids were not being nice so we just came home. We did get an inch of rain overnight which made my grass grow and look so nice after mowing on Sunday. My organization for Monday was the master bathroom. I was able to get rid of a whole trash bag full of stuff! Not sure if that is something to be proud of but it does show me how much can accumulate in a year as I just cleaned all my closets and rooms last year toward the end of summer.
Alec and Becca said it was bring a friend to school day!


Becca had to write a Thank You note to someone in the family!

Rachel's Tornado Safety poster!
     Tuesday the kids did school work and Rachel had her Piano lesson at 1 via FaceTime. I cleaned out my master closet and got rid of some old shoes and some clothes. Sandi just went through my closet when she was here last and I turned my hangers around last year so it was pretty easy to go through.  Rachel and Alec stayed home in the afternoon while Becca and I went in for her initial Ortho appointment. A sign your children are getting older is when you stop going to well child check-ups and start going to Orthodontist ones. Becca and I stopped for some ice cream and picked up Tempura before coming home.
Sunset Tuesday night
    Wednesday I worked on my master bedroom while the kids did school work. I was able to save some shorts and pants for Rachel! After they got done with school we headed to town and the kids golfed with Mike while I went and got my garden plants and flowers. I have waited until after Mother's Day the last couple years and have had a hard time finding enough plants so this year I went early and found the most beautiful plants. I am going to write down what I plant were so that I can be sure to know what grows best in which pots! While we were in town I got a call from the neighbor that Charlotte had been hit on our road. It was a sad evening for the kids but they took comfort knowing that they could pet her and then found a good spot in the trees to bury her. Becca had the hardest time but with some snuggles she slept through the night. The only thing the kids wanted to do after we found Char was to see their friends so Becca did a zoom call with Bree and Rachel with Elly. It is times like this night that I am so thankful for technology through all of this. 




 
    Thursday the kids did school work and I organized the hall closet. We found some games that the kids no longer play and can't wait to give them to Axel and Lexa. We then spent the afternoon playing outside and I mowed again. I love a fresh cut on my lawn. Mike thinks I am crazy the amount I mow but I really do just love it! Wednesday night after the kids were in bed I got on Facebook and the first 2 posts were for kittens for give away in the area. I went to bed and woke up still thinking about getting the kids a new kitten. So after talking with Mike we decided to get a free kitten. So Friday after the kids got their school work done we went to Sutherland and picked out Simba. He is and 8 week male and the most loving kitten ever. The kids have had so much fun with him over the weekend and Jessie is starting to like him more, maybe too much. Roger just ignores them all! After bringing the kids and Simba home I ran to Walmart for groceries and to get the rest of our teacher's gifts! I then came home with lunch and then we played outside and worked in the yard. We lit the fire that night and had some s'mores before coming in for popcorn and a movie!






Rachel wants to start playing Harry Potter songs for Piano so we got her a book.





   Saturday was cool in the morning so the kids relaxed and watched videos and TV. I cleaned out the laundry room and got rid of another bag of trash! I also spent some time reading a book and just relaxing. Saturday night the neighbors stopped over for a drink in the shop. Sunday we watched church on the phone then Mike and the kids fixed fence around the house here. We then went to town and waved at Grandma Priest out her window then went to her house and helped Wanda and Auntie J clean out flower beds. We also dug up some rhubarb to plant her and some of the irises that had grown through the fence.  I also brought home some blue bonnets, and creeping phlox to plant under the steps to the deck. The kids played outside with Simba and the dogs and then we enjoyed some TV time before bed.


Roger

Jessie





 

No comments:

Post a Comment