Friday, September 11, 2020

August 17 - August 23

    Monday August 17th was supposed to be the first day of school but while we were on the way to Omaha on Friday we got a message saying that due to increase in Covid we were delaying a week. So I let the kids sleep in after the long weekend and went to town to run errands. I had training at the school from 1-4 on policies and procedures for different scenarios that might occur while subbing. I then came home and grilled steaks and Elly came over to spend the night. Tuesday I went to town and had coffee with Capri as we already had it planned since the kids were all supposed to be in school. Rachel went to play at Elly's when I got home and Alec, Becca, and I worked in the yard picking sand-burs. I then picked Rachel up and took her to piano before coming home and making shrimp and steak bowls for dinner. After supper I went out and mowed road ditches and the front lot with the bobcat.

    Wednesday morning I met Jen at the church in Hershey and we cleaned all the classrooms and got them ready for this CCD year. I then ran out south and checked cows before coming back home to mow. After mowing I canned pickles and peppers.  Thursday I had a new cleaning lady come to the house and after showing her around the kids and I went golfing. It was a beautiful morning of golf. We ate lunch at the club and then Jen, Jensy, Ella, Delcey, and Avery came to swim with the kids. Jen and I enjoyed visiting while the kids swam. Mike got done early and came out and golfed a few holes with Alec before going back to the hospital for a meeting. Rachel then went to Elly's to stay the night.









   Friday we stayed home and did laundry and played around the house. Becca and I ran out south and checked cows, then I went to town for girls night at Traci's house. We celebrated Mia's last weekend in North Platte before she headed to college at Georgetown in Washington D.C. Saturday I got up and picked the garden. I then canned pickles and froze tomatoes. I also baked zucchini bread and cake. Tucker came to town with Wanda as Nick and the kids were at the ranch for the weekend. Rachel stayed home with Alec and Tucker while Becca and I went to town and attended the registration BBQ for CCD. Sunday we went to church in Sutherland so I could talk to the congregation about our CCD program. After church we went to lunch at Grandma Preist's with Wanda, Nick, Tucker, Kelcee, Hazel, and Mike. That night we started back on our Sunday evening popcorn and movies with Dora the Explorer's new film. It took the kids a little longer to get to sleep that night with all the excitement of the first day of school.




No comments:

Post a Comment