I am finally making some time to sit and write again. Not sure that I will get caught up today but I will be one week closer! August 24th was the long awaited day for the kids. It was finally time to go back to school, meet their new teachers, and see all their friends again. Everyone was up early and we got all our pictures taken before the school day. I took the kids to school and came home to clean the house and enjoy the peace and quite. The kids got out at 11:30 so after cleaning up the house I ran to the church to do some paperwork and then it was time for pick up. We went to town for lunch and ice cream with Lisa, before coming home to mow before Mike and I ran out south to check cows. It was a great first day!
 |
How Mike likes to check the cows.
|
Tuesday the kids had their first full day of school. They all loved it and I loved having all day to get things done around the house without interruption. After school Rachel and Becca had ortho check ups and then Rachel had piano at 5:30. Rachel is still loving piano and can play better than I can now. She picks it up really fast and loves her teacher. She will be a great piano player before high school! Tuesday we also got a new treadmill. Mike ran over 100 miles each of the last 2 months on the treadmill so our current one was wearing out. He was so excited for the new one as it is better on knees, I have to admit I like it better also!
Wednesday the kids had school, I came home to run on the new treadmill and then went to lunch with Mike. After school I ran the kids home before going back to church for new teacher training, safety training, and getting ready for the upcoming CCD year! Thursday the kids had school and I had a dr appointment. I then went to Grandma Priests for lunch and enjoyed sitting and visiting with Phyllis while Wanda went and ran some errands. After school we just came home and relaxed. As we ate supper that night Alec looked at me and said, "Mom I am really tired and ready for bed!" The first week of school is hard on all the kids. Friday the kids had school and I came home and packed the car. After school Becca, Alec and I loaded up and headed to Atkinson for Jaxson's last first home football game. I still can't believe he is a senior. Rachel decided to stay home and enjoy 24 hrs alone with her dad. We got to Atkinson in time for parents night and the game. It was not a very good game and Jaxson hurt his knee just before half, but we had a good time visiting with family. Alec was so excited he got to see Tanner and spend the night this time! Rachel and Mike enjoyed an ice cream date in town and then came home for snuggles and watching movies!










Saturday Mike and Rachel checked cows and then went to an auction while they waited for us to get home. Rachel decided she does not like auctions as much as her dad and next time she would stay home! Saturday morning we hung out with mom and dad for a bit then headed to Katie's to pick up Alec. Katie and I ran over to see the house as they were getting ready to pour the wall that week. We then stopped in Atkinson to pickup Subway before heading out to Nicky's to eat and see their new porch. Alec and Jaxson enjoyed playing some football as Jaxson's knee was feeling better. We then headed home and went to Trisha's for Bree's birthday party. The kids enjoyed swimming and playing before Jace brought Alec and Becca home and Rachel went to help Elly and Grace babysit. The adults then enjoyed some volleyball and stayed up way to late.



Sunday we went to church and then came home and relaxed for a bit. Jen, Jensyn, and Delcey came out to practice volleyball and play. That night we watched a movie and had the kids in bed early. What a first week we had. Here are a couple of pictures of my favorite masks that I got for Becca and Alec.
No comments:
Post a Comment